We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I do??

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What should I do??

I took a gamble at the beginning of they year and booked a week in October at the new Titanic Deluxe Belek for 2 adults as it sounded wonderful. However the reviews that are coming in are awful, truly awful. Would you take the chance and still go, hoping things might of sorted themselves out by October, or change hotel?

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I do??

Personally I would change hotels - none of the reviews are good are they? And there are so very many wonderful hotels in Turkey to choose from. Why did you choose Belek? Was it for the golf? If not - then you may prefer Side which has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - turtles - lots of little bars and restaurants - a promenade that goes along the coastal path for miles and miles - Old Town Side with its active amphitheatre and Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love - many shops - a Saturday market. Good hotels there are Sentido Perissia, Barut Hemera or Crystal Sunrise Queen. See if your travel agent will change hotels for you.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What should I do??

With around 1 out of 3 people finding it average or below its difficult.

I myself made a disastrous decision early this year to ignore some negative reviews about my chosen hotel as they where in the minority but with 1 in 3 being average or below its different.

And after reading one of the Hotels replies in particular to a negative review I would seriously have a discussion with your agent.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should I do??

Thank you, double problem is that we happen to be going the week of Feast of Sacrifice, making availability very limited.

Not going well is it :) x

wigan
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What should I do??

with the Egypt situation and Tunisia instability then Turkey I feel has possibly benefited so yes places are limited.

I found my own best deal with First Choice but you will I suppose be reliant on your chosen agents availability.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,017 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What should I do??

Yes neil I just saw that comment.

having said that the review was very scathing but a more appropriate response was called for.

Holidayblake will you be allowed to change at this stage is what you need to find out as we were not allowed to change when we found out things about the Imperial, We have already paid our balance for our October holiday so have you? If it is a package then possibly you have to. No matter what I told TC about our concerns they would not budge. I sought advice to be told until we went there had been no breech of contract. We could have changed up until 10 weeks before departure we were told but we had got past that stage. Not all the reviews are bad and I speak sometimes with a Russian lady who went when it had just opened who liked it a lot.

I would be careful with some of the above suggestions as the Perissia is dated and suggest you read the Fussy-57 review and 2 trusted friends went to the Sunrise Queen and really did not like it there and both have been to several hotels in Turkey...

Such a shame after the VB experience !

We moved from the Imperial after a week but paid out a cancellation fee to do so but have now got that back. Keep us posted !

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What should I do??

Thanks Toady. I have booked independently this time with Monarch so I can change not a problem but limited choices. The adult only Sensimar is looking the best option at the moment x

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,937 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What should I do??

Also take a look at the new Barut Andiz in Side - adult only - and good prices as it has only been open a few months now -

Cheshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What should I do??

Hi Holidayblake,

I was just saying to my husband I think I will send you a pm to see if you had been following the reviews as I know you are going at the same time as us.

I have always said it does not look good how the management do not respond to negative reviews and then saw that last night....at first I was fuming that they could post a reply like that but looking at it again this morning it looks like that has been sent by a member of staff that they have annoyed or been reported by these people as it does not say who the message is off unlike the other replies......either way we are still very concerned and as you say there is not much choice left for the price we paid.

Northampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What should I do??

The pictures look lovely, but they seem to have serious staff issues. Once that is addressed it should be lovely.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
202 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What should I do??

Thanks Jackfrost

We are going the same time and I agree there isn't much choice left at all due to the Turkish holidays. Are you going to see if it gets better? we are and if not we will change about September x