We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newmarket, Suffolk
Level Contributor
351 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Having been keeping a close eye on prices for hotels in Belek since release date, i had narrowed down my choice to Limak Atlantis for value for money, having previously stayed at the Limak Arcadia and next door at the Paloma Grida, and finally the prices were more reasonable for yesterday (look daily) as there is just me and my son, paid a £1 for him, but of course with added room supplement, still worked out £200 cheaper than going as 2 adults this time around.

So bit the bullet as i had read many posts on how people have booked and prices had risen considerably, so booked for next September 2014 before the prices start to shoot up even more, though with Direct Holidays 5kgs less luguage this time and requested no plane food to keep prices down, i still found that it is around £200 more to go next September than last September.

Will we see Turkey becoming more expensive as time goes on? still great value for money and at around £1,300 for one week for two of us and virtually no money for fork out for other than tips and odd trinkets, still got to be better than a week in Spain?

Only bout 410 days to go, but firstly 89 days til Florida, not counting at all!

Netty

Nottingham
Level Contributor
844 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Hi Netty

Good for you better to book early the prices will just keep increasing I work for Thomas Cook so see it a lot. I have also booked for Belek the Sentido Zeynep was such a good price for next year I couldn't say no ha ha.

Northampton
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Ooh not seen £1 deals. I have my eye on that hotel. Well done you.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

I had to go into the Thomas cook shop for the £1 child price, wasn't available online and so got much better price in the shop than on the web. I had always thought web would be cheaper. We've booked the Arcadia for next year!

Edited: 3:15 pm, July 27, 2013
Newmarket, Suffolk
Level Contributor
351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

hi aandlsmum

The £1 child price just suddenly came up last week, so just had to book it in case it was an error! lol.

You will love the Arcadia, a great hotel, the entertainment was fantastic, though the team have now moved to the Atlantis, that's why we are going there next year and also to meet up with the family we made friends with. Such a good value for money hotel and would not hesitate in returning. The rooms have been newly refurbished over last winter and this winter. Email the hotel nearer the time and ask for a room in the main building, you will be nearer to all the amenities as some of the blocks are a little more of a trek, and if you have kids and need to keep going popping back to the room for this or that, it is a little easier.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to pm me.

Netty x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Hi netty, you have to be so organised for these hotels, they book up so quickly. I've never booked a holiday so early before! We are a family of 4, would the main building rooms be big enough? Enjoy Florida, we went last year and it was fantastic!

Newmarket, Suffolk
Level Contributor
351 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Me and my son had a duplux room which was plenty big enough for us, if you had a family room, i believe they have a separate bedroom? the standard rooms, by the the look of the hotel website, may be a little tight for 4 but you are only there to sleep and get changed. If when you arrive and are not happy with the room, you can always change it.

4th trip to Florida, will probably be the last, well until grand kids come along, though not just yet!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

From the information I can glean from reading reviews I think they have rooms of different shapes and sizes. You don't spend your holiday in your room but would hate to be prized in though like some families of 4 have experienced! 4th visit to florida lucky you! I love it there! We've been twice now and are thinking about when our return trip will be, calculating heights etc!

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

Excited to see a Thomas cook employee booking the zeynap was in my top 3 for this year and getting an excellent price for next year. Still we would always do Florida if we could afford it every year ur very lucky OP.

9. Re: Bitten the Bullet and Booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 12, 2014