We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies July/August

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies July/August

Hiya all, are there lots of mozzies in belek around this time, if so who an recommend a good repellant.

Thanks in advance

Port Talbot, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies July/August

Just got back from Crete, normally get bitten to death. Partner was recommended ODOMOS and she managed to get me some - absolutely fantastic not one bite

www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004LX6XBC

http://www.odomoscream.com/

We're in Belek first week in October and will certainly have a tube with us!!

Harlow Essex
Level Contributor
143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies July/August

2 of my daughters just returned from Side, on Sat. One of them got 15 bites on her first night. !! Needless to say she hadnt put on any repellent.!! She never got any more, but did use the usual jungle formula spray.

However, she did use antihistamine tablets and creams, but they didnt stop the itching, so I too would love to know of something that actually works if you are unfortunate to get bitten.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies July/August

100% deet ebay 300ml £9.99 (most mosquito repellents have a percentage of deet) I would say to test a little skin area first to be sure and not to spray on plastics as it may harm them i.e plastic lenses on glasses etc.

I mix it with my sun cream (factor 30 all day) and also my aftersun lotion then I have a small spray bottle from £ shop that i fill for extra use if needed in the evening.

I take garlic tablets for 10 days prior to travel and whilst away,

I also use Loratadine tablets daily anyway.

Evening meals out in the open I have citronela tea light candles and or mosquito coils also for balcony and sunbed table.

I have been known to take smoke bug bombs away also for room eradication but as yet never had to use them.

If bitten Tigerbalm is fantastic to relieve the itching (learnt that in sri-lanka from a doc in the elephant sanctuary strangely enough) works a treat to stop kids itching.

The little blighters hardly even bother to look at me with this arsenal lol.

Edited: 5:24 am, July 16, 2013
Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
978 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies July/August

We got back from near to Side on Saturday, only had a couple of bites from when we forgot to put on repellent, we used the cheap repellent from Home and Bargain which worked great especially the plug in for £1.99

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies July/August

I was there in May and got bitten by a mossi in my eye, next again morning it was really swollen and had to go into Belek for some anti-histamines..what a horrible experience. I tried teabags, cucumber, ice cubes to try and get it down!

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies July/August

I am trying Avon skin so soft for the first time...I have seen it highly recommended on the fethiye/ovacik forum... I don't like the idea of using a product high in the chemical Deet...especially on our son ....so just hoping that it is a s good as people say.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies July/August

Skin so soft works for some not others (no good for me) I agree kids and 100% deet can be a concern I always test a small skin area first and mix with at least a 30 factor sun cream.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mozzies July/August

Thanks Ian, will take something else with me as back up and cross fingers that the Avon stuff works for us!

wigan
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mozzies July/August

I have had a severe infection before from mosquito bites and never never again so my Top Tip (and I admit not for all) I hang all my clothes in a closed room before departure and set off a mosquito smoke ring (burns for about 4-8 hours) thus I believe impregnating the clothes with the repellent (socks and underwear a priority) and I have had no problems since.

Maybe not the best smelling guy in the evening but hey we have aftershave to combat that lol.

leeds
Level Contributor
424 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mozzies July/August

Boots aftersun with mozzie repellent is excellent & you can put it all over your face. I too had a dreadful one on my eyelid one year as you can't spray others on your eyes so I never leave home without this one now!