We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money for Voage Belek

Fleetwood, England...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Spending money for Voage Belek

Hi we are going to the VB two weeks today - really looking forward to the trip - I've just lost just 6 stone in six months and keep joking I'll come back 6stone heavier after visiting for 2 weeks! Lol

Anyway, my question is - what are the costs of the 'extras' such as bowling, funfair, ect

If anyone knows what the baby sitting charge is that would be really apprieciated too - and any experiences on using it valued! I have never liked the idea of using a baby sitter on holiday - just down to fear of my daughter not settling for a stranger, a language barrier, and just not knowing the person you are trusting to look after your child - that's why I'd like to hear from people who have used it!

We have 170euros left over from our last holiday in Spain 6months ago, and plan to take £350 spending money - but that £350 is to cover taxi to Man airport at £90 and airport and plane spends, so realistically we will probably be left with £200-220 - is it likely we will need more?

I'm hoping weather will be nice enough for being around the pool but looking at forecast isn't too promising for 13days from 1st April (we get there late on 31st but writing that day off - it'll be food unpack and bed! Lol)

Oh and gym - is that at a surcharge or free to use?

Thanks in advance!

Great Missenden...
Level Contributor
132 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

Well I have a question for you - how on earth did you lose 6 stone in 6 months that is amazing, well done you. Bet you can't wait to get your skinny self out there ;-)

We are going 20th April & I'm starting to wonder what the weather is going to be like :-/

We also have a young child, our son will be 3 in two weeks so you have asked some fab questions which have been very useful. Thanks

Wirral
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

Many congrats on weight loss. Be realistic about weight gain on holiday and simply enjoy. My husband doesn't put any on poundage while there but I always do. I don't eat the cakes (I find they are too bland and all taste the same) but I love the Magnums, the cocktails, the bread and also drink too much Chivas Regal :-(. The toiletries are replenished daily as fast as you use them. We take £150 to spend on steak house etc and also tipping. The staff are exceptional and work very hard with very long hours. If you try a little Turkish they are thrilled. The Turks also adore children (and old people - which bodes well for us. Lol) and make a fuss of them (it can make Europeans nervous but only because we have become suspicious.). The Turks are cheeky and friendly and you and your family will have an outstanding holiday at the V B. We have travelled extensively and have never wanted to go back any where (exception-Maui, Hawaii) but this summer will be our third visit to the VB.

Fleetwood, England...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

I am currently at the hotel :) been here a week tomorrow and have yet spent no money whatsoever !! We bought some Blackpool rock to give as tips, and presents for maids and have not yet eaten at the Steak house or teppanyaki! I have used the gym - found the fact that it has weighing scales in there quite helpful - even though seeing what I've gained hasn't stopped me drinking the cocktails!, lol

I lost 6stone in 6months on the Cambridge weight plan for those few that asked - I've lived on pretty much milkshakes for 6months so im like a kid in a candy shop over here, back to the diet next week though so I'm making the most of it!

We found the reservation system for Al A Cartes a bit of a farce - I was ringing from 9am on the dot on Wed morning and kept getting a message saying it was shut, I eventually got through at 9.06 to be told All restaurants were fully booked (YEAH RIGHT!!!) spoke to guest relations who said phone them next day, phone was engaged solidly Thursday so on Friday morning I walked down to guest relations to join the back of a huge queue all people waiting to book - we managed to get our second choice of Greek last night and having our first choice of Mexican tonight, anyone going to this hotel don't phone for your reservation - go to guest relations in person - it saves so much hassle!! X

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

It's quite weird as I can honestly say hand on heart that in all of my eight visits to this hotel I have never had any problems with the automatic booking system, only time I ever had to book through the guest relations was to change a booking . Suppose it is just your luck.

Peter

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
846 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

You don't need to worry about spending money,the hotels s everything that you need. We only paid for the teppanyaki and steakhouse but other than that, nothing. Like others have said the spa is quite expensive however it's up to you whether you fancy a nice treat. The only money i take is to spend in belek at La Moda for the nice handbags :) the gym is great, I plan to do my insanity workouts and plan out my sessions and with a bit of luck won't put on any weight. As its my 30th birthday in the voyage, we are taking slimline tonic and bottles of champagne, oh the thought of the luggage weight! Ha!

coventry
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

Hi All,

We go to Voyage in August.

What is the best currency for Tips and what do people recommend amount. Also can you put any extra costs like chargeable restaurants, treatments on to room and pay at end?

Any ideas for good trips?

scotland
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

The currency is the Turkish Lira and you will always get a better deal when you use it,so take a few pounds worth of lira with you and then go to the currency exchange offices in Belek and change Sterling for Lira. Take ten and twenty pound notes with no rips or tears on them as they will not accept them .Most things are priced in euro but that is only to lt the sellers set the rate to suit them self .When buying askj for a price in Lira and stick to Lira ,you will get a better rate over there and if you keep jumping from sterling to euro to Lira and back again you will always lose out.

The tips in the hotel are all pooled at the end of the season and there are boxes placed throughout the hotel where you can deposit tips .You can also give to individuals ,but they must put them into the box or they will get into serious trouble. I usually use ten Lia notes to give to individuals like, porters, maids waiters at the a la carte restaurants ,when you do this you will see them walk over to the box and put it in .I usually try to find my maid on the first morning and give her a tip as this gives you a wee bit more from them and they tell others that you are a tipper.

You can charge extras to your room and pay a check out time.

If you go to Belek town you will see small tour operators based in the currency exchange offices where you will get great trips for a fraction of the price that the likes of Thomson's and Thomas Cook will charge .The best of them who I have used many times is a firm called BDT Belek Doga Tours.

Hope this helps.

Peter

coventry
Level Contributor
109 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

Thx for your swift response

19. Re: Spending money for Voage Belek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2014