We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Hi,

We are due to go to this new hotel on 20th August for 10 nights and I have liked the facebook page and kept an eye on it closely for updates. I have heard from here that the opening has been put back around 6 weeks - now the 13th July - and upon trying to go on the facebook page today it seems to have disappeared.

I have also just tried emailing them to get some clarification as to when the hotel will actually be open using the email address provided on the Riu website and it bounced back saying it wasn't a valid email address? I have emailed the Riu Kaya Belek email now instead in the hope they are connected and get a response from them

Does anyone know if there are major problems with this being built and open on time?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Hi, Ive noticed its disappeared from facebook today aswell. We are booked to go on the 11th July so we are quite worried too. I will go into the Thomsons shop tomorrow to see if they can help.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

I went into Thomsons yesterday they rang me back today to say they are sending a rep in to see what is going on. Let me know what they tell you. We are booked for 5th July so very worried, I was watching on Facebook and yes it has disappeared

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Hi. I also went into Thomsons shop today. They have not been notified of any problems. They just said Thomsons will write to us if there was. Not very helpful when you don't know if you will be going to that hotel, or going to receive a letter that may ask you to change your holiday. We went to the Royal Holiday Palace in Lara beach the same year as it opened and watched the hotel being built on photos put on holiday checks website. it was surprising how fast it was built and was absolutely fantastic when we got there. So Im hoping everything will be ok !!!.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

I will let you know when I get any further info, it seemed as if the building work was progressing well from the photos,.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Maybe contact riu customer relations as I've been known to have to give Thomas cook info as they had no idea about a problem with a hotel in turkey. They kept telling me its fine for 3 months until I got a letter telling me said hotel was no longer on there books. Keep on at them. Hope all work is done for you they are fast at putting hotels up can only see it be a legal glitch if a problem.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,741 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

I just e mailed the hotel as i have been following it on facebook as a possible holiday for next summer.

They e mailed me back straight away and said that the information is incorrect and the hotel is opening in June!

I asked who was monitoring the Facebook page and why it had dissappeared?

If i hear anything else, i will post on here

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Thanks for the information, which email did you use, as I have emailed them and had no response, shame it has been taken off facebook I was enjoying watching the progress of the building by the photos

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

hi all i have also enjoyed watching the progress of the hotel on the pictures and cant beleive the facebook page has gone, i think it might be because of all the confusion over dates of openning. there is a kaya ho.dings face book page but its all in turkish. i do have a fact sheet from the hotel and it states on here that its due to open on the 28th june. any other news i will post and if any one else has any info would love to know we are due to go on the 5th july.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Hi I emailed the hotel and got a response yesterday stating they will open 28 June. I also emailed Riu via their Facebook page and they stated July 2013!

I have asked to be kept updated, so as and when I receive further info I will let you know.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Kaya Palazzo - whats happening??

Just out of interest, has this disappeared of anyone else's myThomson website. It says they are updating the system - I do hope so and it isn't that the opening has been put back again!!