We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies end September/Susesi

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies end September/Susesi

really looking forward to our week at the Susesi(thanks to all who have posted so much great info already,especially Toady).

Was wondering if we need need to take a plug-in for the bedroom. Have all the usual sprays & roll-ons but will need to buy plug-in tablets if needed. Any advice welcomed. Also presume it may be a bit cooler by then in evenings? light jacket/cardi needed?

Here's to a great holiday to anyone else going at the same time

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

Hi,

We were pleasantly surprised even in July that we did not get bitten more,I had one bite and my son 2 bites but he does not wear the repellant. My husband and I did use the boots suncreams with insect repellant in and use insect repellant at night though!We did also use a room plug in but always do on holiday regardless of where we are. It is becoming harder to find the tablets to put in the plug ins I have found!If you manage to find some please advise me where you get them from!Morrisons had them in spring but never had any since!

If you are reading the reviews I should ignore the last review completely! English men drinking water as if!!!!lol The hotel has bottled Becks, Miller, Effes, Mariachi etc freely available and loads of branded drinks!

I would just wear a light jacket/ cardi for travelling because you will need it for coming back home to the UK and you should be fine!

Have a great time, but then I know you will!!!!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

thanks Toady-new I'd get a good reply!

last time I got the mozzie tablets from either Boots or Superdrug. Going shopping tomorrow for last minute "stuff" so will search them out & let you know if successful.

Got my linen jacket out, as you say for travlleing & a little light cardi-so just about ready to GO, GO, GO!! will send our love to the Susesi from you, a toast also maybe, but definately NOT with water!

Sara x

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

Hi Sara, that would be great because we live in a small town and I have been all round looking for the tablets! I do have some tropical plug in liquid if need be! We go 6 weeks today to the Paloma Renaissance !!! I did try Boots here but it is only a small branch! I suppose I could get some on line from somewhere!

Yep have a nice Johnnie Walker for me!!and I will say no thanks to sipping the water!! What a load of old rubbish!!The Susessi has the most bottled beer that we have ever had at an AI hotel!Plus not forgeting the draught Effes!! My 16 year old son was rather fond of the Mariachi beer!! The food is very good, they just got a gripe about the cleaner etc!

Some folk moan about anything!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

we are also living in a small town but heading off to the pretty huge Metro Centre near newcastle tomorrow, so will try there.

Will leave the J. Walker in tact for the next time you return, mine will be a large Gordons or even Blue Saphire(?) G&T, thanks!

Your'e so right about the moaning minnies, do these people go away to enjoy themselves or pick holes in minute detail? We are very much looking forward to enjoying a proper 5* experience & will report back

thanks again

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

Good luck then tomorrow!There was Gordons there so you will be fine!!

Alnwick, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

no mozzies tabs in the large Boots store, but did find some by doing a google search, Toady. Will try to get some at the airport, failing that will probably buy new machine!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

Thanks anyway!

I saw some on line but think we will use up the tropical liquid for the next holiday! I could not even get the complete kit here!

Have a superb time!!

8. Re: Mozzies end September/Susesi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 12, 2010