We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach

Hi, have read loads of positive reports on the Cornelia De Luxe and am on the verge of booking for next year but can't find much information regarding the beach. Can someone tell me what its like and what water sport activites there are. Thanks

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach

first of all did you read the reviews for this hotel ??

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312725-d320138…

second..read the Blek overview section ?

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g312725-Belek_Turkis…

and lastly so a search in google ??

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=belek+beach

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g312725-Belek_Tur…

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach

Hi, Thanks for that. Had already read all the reviews on trip advisor but still not much first hand information about the beach and its facilities. The First Choice brochure mentions that there is surfing available which is quite unusual and not something that any of the other resorts offer.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
505 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach

Claire,

I'm not sure if you mean the hotel's own beach or the local beaches?

There are two local beach parks, Belek & Kadriye. Kadriye has go-karting, para-sailing, jet-ski's,pedallo's,football pitches, restaurants including a chinese, night-club, a dozen or so beach bars, horse-riding, paint-balling and a large pick-nick area.

I don't think ive missed anything out. Belek is much the same.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beach

Hi

Yes I did mean the hotels own beach. Dont think Ive explained myself very well but when we went AI in the Dominican we never ventured away from our hotel's private beach so kinda assumed it would be a similar setup elsewhere. Was also hoping to find out if the beach at the hotel is sandy or not as a lot of Turkish resorts seem to have shingly beaches. Thanks for all the info nontheless, it all helps!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,876 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beach

We went to the Cornelia in May, their own website will tell you what water sports in the pool and on the beach is available or not depending on time of year.

www.corneliaresort.com/deluxe/index.html

You will find the beach a little gritty it is not soft pure sand like the Dominican Republic.

Angie.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach

HI Angie,

Thanks for that. I hadnt come across the hotels website. I notice that you are a regular at the ICD which is where we went last year. Would be interested to hear your comments on the Cornelia compared to the ICD as we are looking for somewhere to match the fantastic time we had there. We would go back to the ICD like a shot but as we are planning to go away in mid-July we are obviously concerned about it being hurricane season in the Dominican.

Thanks

Claire

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,876 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach

Have PM you.

Angie

9. Re: The Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 02, 2009