We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf + hotels?

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
golf + hotels?

Hello hello,

I am 18 - looking to go to Belek in june with my girlfriend. I have never been before and am looking to play golf 4 times whilst away. I am looking at different hotels and golf courses.

Hotels I have looked at slighty cheaper options such as the club voyage - but from the reviews this does not seem to popular.....

Also is it easy to get to the courses - or is it vital to go to a hotel in conjunction with a course eg the cornelia or the gloria?

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf + hotels?

Hello

I am one of 16 golfers going to stay at the Cornelia Deluxe this Sunday (20th)for 7 days. We are playing 5/6 rounds of golf during our stay. I will give you an update on our return regarding the golf/ hotels/ and any contacts we make.

From what I am told the increased initial outlay of going to a hotel with golf can be recouped by the saving on green fees and no travel costs. We shall have to see, although as you are probably well aware us Jocks like to get value for money!!!!

Regards

Stuart.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf + hotels?

Thank you that will be great the Cornelia is looking like the favourite at the moment so any advice will be appreciated -

yes i understand! I come from a family of jocks myself!

thanks

Hamburg
Level Contributor
355 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi,

it is perferable to book a hotel which has green fee arrangements with some other golf courses and I am sure the Cornelia (Nick Faldo Course) has. There will be considerable savings compared to the rack rate you pay when coming completely on your own.

There are many other hotels as well.

Yes, it is very easy to get to all courses (I think there are between 12-14 now) as such hotels do have a regular or on demand shuttle service.

Depending where you stay it will take max. 15-20 minutes to the farthest course in Belek.

Belek is a great golfing destination with extremely nice and well maintained course and very modern clubhouses catering every demand.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,582 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi

My husband , son of 19 and myself are going to stay at the Cornelia DeLuxe Resort from 4th May for 2 weeks as they are both golfers.The Nick Faldo course is affiliated to the hotel so you do get special discounted prices as guests.And a free shuttle bus to and from the course.

Ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi Kiltedwarrior,

We three are off on May 1st to Belek (Pine Beach Club) and we intend to play at least 5 games of golf. Your information regarding courses and costs would be very welcome. Plus any other little gems you would like to have known before you went! Good bars, great shopping, special restaurants...?

PS. Do you know if there is a Market Day for shopping in Belek? and are there any mosquitos at this time of the year and how hot did it get out on the course.

Yes, I know lots of questions. I'd buy you a pint if I could, but I can't, so I'm sure you will all have a great week and I hope you score 36+ everyday!

Cheers

Rosie,

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi Rosie

We too are off on 1 May flying with BA but staying at the Rixos Premium and have booked to play 3 rounds only. We are playing

Gloria Old

Sueno Pines and

Kaya Eagles

I left it to our travel agent who is based in Turkey to provide the courses since our criteria was that we do like a challenge and my husband likes the water holes. We dont particularly like long long courses, both preferring the shorter course with hazards. Goodness knows why we chose to have lots of water since the last time we played a course here in the UK with several water holes he lost loads of balls. Us women though get a much better tee off which doesnt require an enormous carry.

We only booked 3 since if we like a particular course we can always book direct with the club to play again.

WHat flight are you on? Maybe we can meet for a drink before we board?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi again Rosie

just realised you are in Ireland so wont be flying from Gatwick.

never mind we may just meet you on the course.

Its not long now and I for one will be glad of the break. Just wish we could have 2 weeks off instead of just the one but having never been to Turkey before just don't know what to expect.

We are also looking to go away again mid October for a week again playing golf and if we really like Turkey and play well we will return otherwise we will stick to Spain.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
355 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golf + hotels?

Hi golfmates,

I am just back from a 9 day golfing holiday and we played 6 rounds on different courses. I will post a more detailed report within this week.

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: golf + hotels?

Hello all!!!

Just returned to the wind and rain after a great weeks gold in Turkey. We stayed at tghe Cornelia Deluxe which was very, very good. I have to say that the food (outside the A La Carte restaurants which are a nightmare to book) was acceptable but not something to write home about. The service, quality of facilities, cleanliness et al, were all fantastic. The alcohol was mostly all brand names, served in abundance with a smile.

MKore importantly the golf. We played everything off the back tees but most of us still reached the 30's most days, but all are challenging. We played the National, Cornelia (4 times in all combinations of the 27 holes), Gloria New and the Pasha.Do not touch the National as it is a great golf course in terrible condition. It is preparing for a forthcoming ladies tour fixture and has bare greens and all par 3's are off mats. The Cornelia was spectacular (particluarly holes 10 -27), one big down for all of us was the fairways lined with sand and shrubs (Bracka I think) which we all felt could be unfair and damaging to clubs. If I am being picky it feels new and a little bit manufactured (still great though). The Gloria was a very nice course and a fair challenge. The Pasha is just lovely, natural, mature and a very fair challenge. Unfortunately we could not play the Adjoining Sultan which is even better.

I noticed whilst in the club rooms at Gloria they were offering 3 rounds on their 3 courses for 180 Euro, otherwise the price is about 70- 85 Euro everywhere. We were also told by other golfers that Kaya Eagles is very good as are both the Sueno courses. I have to apologise about the shopping and restaurant thing. I like to play golf and quaff beer/ cocktails with the guys and didn't stray very far from the hotel. A couple of the guys went into Beleke and said that shopping is very good.

Chums, you will all have a great time as the weather, food, hotels, service and golf are second to none. Go for it!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: golf + hotels?

One thing I forgot to say was that there were no Mosquito's that I noticed, unless they don't like Jocks!!