We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rate.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Rate.

Have just had a phone call from our local First Choice shop asking us did we want any Turkish Lira from them as we are due to leave the UK in just over 3 weeks.She said their rates today were £1=2.283YTL, I told her Marks and Spencer rates were £1=2.389YTL.

I know the rates fluctuate every day but does anyone know the exchange rate at the present time(well near enough)

As we dont want much changed as we are Al. just for buses, markets or tips.

Any help will be appreciated.

Pamukkale
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rate.

Denizli exchange closed at 2.54 (buying) today...

Pamukkale
Level Contributor
62 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rate.

Denizli exchange closed at 2.54 (buying) today...

Derby England
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rate.

I have always received a better rate in Turkey than in the UK. The Turkish lira has been strangely strong against the Pound for a while now and some experts are expecting it to crash any time. You also get a good exchange when you use the ATM's but there is a charge each time you use it.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rate.

Hi

I was told thay euros is the better currency to trade with since most places prefer that.

We are going to Belek in 3 weeks time staying at an all inclusive and playing golf and according to my travel agent who is on the ground out there all year round his advice is to only take euros since we will not need lira.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rate.

Thanks for your replies, I think I shall take £50.00 in Turkish Lira and get the rest out there if need be.

josie.

My hubby and son are playing golf,we are staying at the Cornelia De Luxe Resort.

Friends over here have said Belek is very fond of our GBP.to trade in.You hear so many conflicting suggestions.It starts to get confusing.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
489 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rate.

Belek is very fond of the £ plus the euro, I myself only take Lira.

I find it works better for me dealing with the Turkish lira.

Hamburg
Level Contributor
356 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rate.

You always have a better exchange rate when you buy YTL in Turkey (not at the airport though). This is true for Euros, GBP or US$.

The best thing is to use the ATM's.

Derby England
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rate.

I totally agree wih the previous reply but don't take you money in dribs and drabs because of the minimum charge

minehead, somerset
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange Rate.

Most agents will either beat or match any other exchange rate you get, go back to them with the rate you have from M&S and see!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchange Rate.

Yes I did get back to First Choice shop and they said they would match any exchange rate for us.Its £1=2.4108YTL today with Marks and Spencer.

Get answers to your questions about Belek