We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

information about belek

lancashire,england
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
information about belek

does anybody have any info or/and pictures of belek town itself, ie; amenities such as money exchanges, shops,advice also on what currency to use!! (seen conflicting reports that doesn`t confirm one way or another whethe to use lira or euro.any info would be much appreciated thanx !!

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: information about belek

Take euro's lira only required for toilet trips etc.

Belek is a very quiet place and is more for golf and relaxation.

Two small towns nearby but very touristy and normal holiday trinkets.

For shopping etc go to Antalya.

South Wales
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: information about belek

Hi, Belek town is relatively small and most of the shops sell identical items, so it really is a matter of haggling the best price. They have a fantastic waterfall feature which is enormous and very effective, when we were there last year they held the opening ceremony with live band etc it was great. With regards to money, last year they were open to taking any form of currency, dollars, sterling, euros, turkish lira, doesn't matter. Most of the shops price their goods in euros even though they are not in the European market, most of the visitors are European so its easier for them and the Turks really do aim to please. Not really sure what is going to happen this year since the Turkish lira has had a revamp and they have dropped the millions making it much easier to use. If you do pay in Euros, expect to have any change in turkish lira, this is where its confusing and you probably lose on the exchange rate. There are lots of money exchange shops, but check them all for the best rate and don't forget to check if they charge for the service.

I have tried to attach a photograph of myself and my friends in Belek town one evening with the Barman called Bayrum..........say hello from Bev & Alison.

You must visit this bar, its just as you go through the arch into Belek town on the left hand side. You will see all the cane furniture around the fountain (this is just a small fountain not the one I mentioned earlier).

lancashire,england
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: information about belek

thanx for your info i am very grateful hope the resort is as good as it sounds !!

Derby England
Level Contributor
357 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: information about belek

http://www.belektourismcenter.org/

Get answers to your questions about Belek