We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

Which Tomar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

How much a car hire for one full day(8hrs)will cost in tomar,portugal.This is to see convent de christo,jean the babtist curch,tomar city ,and alumoral castle.Can I hire a car with a driver for 4 people to travel with in tomar.and if so can I get the contacts

thru you.Can you also get me the e.mail address of tomar tourist center.My e.mail: alraj113@hotmail.com.

Please reply to Mr.Aloysious

E.mail address: alraj113@hotmail.com

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
842 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

Sorry this is so late

Hertz and Europcar have offices in Tomar. I suggest you try Europcar. I had big problems with the Hertz agency when I rented there - they did not have a car available for the day I booked. Not sure about getting a car with a driver though.

You will not need a car to visit the fabulous Convento do Christo - it is very close to town, nor Tomar old town - it is compact.

If you are going to have car for a day I also suggest that you try to visit Alcobaza and Batalha. If you are going to visit Almoroul you should also drive a but further and visit Belver castle

Edited: 9:50 am, June 06, 2010
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
842 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

I forgot to add that the Convento do Christo, Alcobaca and Batalha monasteries are all Unesco World Heritage Sites

Tomar, Portugal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

Although you could hire a taxi to visit these sites within Tomar, they are all within walking distance, though advisable to get a ride to the Castle and Convento as the hill is quite steep. From the train station this is only around 2.50-3€.

4. Re: car hire or taxi hire in Tomar,portugal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Tomar