We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boce de Rio

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Boce de Rio

Hi, back again! We are arriving in Burgau on 17 September and cannot wait. It would be really interesting to hear from anyone who has returned in May or June this year to see if much has changed. we are staying at the Tempomar apartments which I think have undergone a refurbish. Also like to know if there are any excursions to Boca del Rio as we didnt make it last year. I guess all the old fave restaurants are still there Esquina, O Refugio, the Pizza place, O Navegador overlooking the resort, the Indian and our favourite, Os Amigos. Anyone feel like updating us? Lindsay and Sue Southampton

Essex
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boce de Rio

dd

Edited: 2:57 pm, July 31, 2011
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boce de Rio

Are you trying to respond. Your mesage just says 'dd'?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boce de Rio

Hi, nothing much has changed in Burgau since your last visit, all the restaurants you mentioned are still there although I'm not sure about Esquina, don't know that one. There is also a new Indian just opened on the back road from from Burgau to Salema, used to be D Dinas restaurant. Also not sure if you mean Boco Do Rio which is the little beach between Burgau and Salema, if it is then you can walk quite easily, takes about half an hour and it is quite a nice walk, also you will pass the new Indian ( The Spice Club) on the way and can check out the menu.

Enjoy your holiday.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boce de Rio

Thank you so much for the reply. Esquina restaurant was a little up market right at the top and in between the two roads leading down to the beach. It was opposite the Pizza Place and the bus stop. Boca do Rio was indeed what I meant as it's supposed tobe a wildlife haven and yes it is near to Salema. Good to hear about the Indian, approx how far down the road Burgau-Salema is it? Cant wait to get there and see the beach again. We are staying at the recently revamped Tempomar apartments. Thanks again, much appreciated. Lindsay and Sue

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boce de Rio

To be honest most of the restaurants have caught up with each other for price and Esquina is not the dearest, but is good. Boca do rio is about 3km from Burgau and you can walk over from the cliff following the trail in less than an hour or along the road in about 40 mins. There's a cafe at the end of the trail by the beach which is open in summer. There is a new pizza place down next to Smugglers bar, but I prefer Casa Padaria at the top. Smugglers has new staff and the Craic is not the same. There used to be a cornish pasty shop which is now a restaurant called Atomik, but we weren't that impressed . As for refurbishments I have never stayed in Tempomar, but they look the same from the outside.

6. Re: Boce de Rio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Burgau