We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Candidasa

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shiraz, Iran
1 post
Save Topic
Tours from Candidasa

My husband and me will stay in Bali for 4 nights. It is our first trip to Bali and we booked a hotel in Candidasa. What is your recommendation for planning and choosing tours? I like to see Batur volcano and rafting but all tours are from Kuta, Sunar and western area.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
18 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Candidasa

There's a few drivers in the streets touting for work, but not very aggressively like in southern Bali.

I didn't notice any tour counters in Candi Dasa, but I wasn't looking for them either.

Maybe the hotel will have a tour desk and driver on staff you can book through. It may be worth contacting them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Candidasa

Think I saw a tour place half way down the street. Wouldn't bother though. Just get a driver and go out and see what you want to. Pay no more than 550,000 for a full day. There's a few in the Drivers list for that area. I also have a driiver so pm me if you want his details. Also have a local guy who has a boat if you are interested in fishing or snorkelling.

Mount Agung is closer to Candidasa, on the way there a good stop is Tirtaganga (Water Palace). If you are not actually going to climb the Volcano can I suggest going up to Amed via inland and coming back to Candidasa via the coast road. Each way is a really nice drive where you will see pretty much everything you need to.

Amlapura is a good town to visit as well. None touristy so you get the real feel of an Indo town.

One of the few remaining authentic Balinese villages is just at the end of town. It's called Tenganan. Bit of a must visit as you are in the area. They do the double Ikat weaving there.

As you are in Candidasa must visits for food are Vincents and Le 48.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
576 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Candidasa

Their are some tour ops in Candidasa but as mentioned above just organise your own driver from the street or Hotel and plan your own tour with their help. A must see is White Sand Beach about 20-30 minutes away, just beautiful.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,979 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Candidasa

Following on from the previous replies, you can grab a driver from those who you will find along the main street in Candidasa, or your hotel will help you to plan your trip and have recommended drivers to take you on outings/daytrips.

One day trip we love, is driving through to Amed along the coast road, via Tirtagangga water palace, rice terracing and great scenery..lunch in Amed and then return to Candidasa via the coast road ~ a hilly and winding drive, which includes wonderful sea views, small bays and villages. Very scenic and great photo opportunities.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,979 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Candidasa

Sorry, response #4 should have read, 'that we drive through to Amed along the inland road, and then return on the coast road'.

Edited: 11:03 pm, July 07, 2012
6. Re: Tours from Candidasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Candidasa