We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas at Candidasa

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
xmas at Candidasa

We are going to Bali for xmas and was thinking of staying at Candidasa as none of us have been there before, we are taking our two children who are 20 and 23. Was wondering what a good place to stay at, and what things are there to do over there and whether 8 days would be to long in Candidasa. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas at Candidasa

We regularly stay in Candidasa and Christmas and New Year.

Candidasa is a small town, but has some wonderful restaurants, a pub and a couple of bars to enjoy in the evenings.

It has a mixture of small boutiques, art and craft outlets. A number of ATM's have opened in town which makes life a lot easier and there's a couple of mini markets to buy essentials.

We've stayed at two places in CD....Alama Asmara and Bayshore Villas and would recommend both. AA is a small hotel with a lovely restaurant, spa, pool and direct water access.

Bayshore is larger and set in lovely grounds. It has a restaurant, two pools, spa, small gymnasium, gift shop and spa and is also right on the ocean.

We enjoy the water activities available in the area, ie swimming, snorkelling, fishing, sailing...sometimes there's a wave to be caught up at Jasri (20 minutes) north or you can have fun on a boggie board in the small surf in CD on most days. There's some beautiful countryside to explore on daytrips and temples and local towns and markets.

I hope you enjoy CD as much as we do.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Well be in CD for Xmas with a 17 & 18 year old.. Staying at Villa Pantai a private rental I found on the Internet. Looking for somewhere special for Christmas day. Any idea?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas at Candidasa

We've only ever had our Christmas lunch at Bayshore (which has been fabulous), but I know a number of the other cafes and restaurants will also offer a special meal. Perhaps go for wander when you first arrive and see what's on offer.

I would check Alam Asmara's restaurant on the water, named Rendezvous because of its great outlook and good food. Also La Rouge, Aquaria and Vincent's should be offering something special and the very chic Le Zen 48.

Happy eating...

Edited: 12:23 am, June 17, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Thanks so much for that! I've read that CD is very laid back & relaxed - which will be just what we need after 5 nights in Kuta (kids want to go clubbing) then 4 nights in Ubud.

I will try out all those restaurants - will be a hoot.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: xmas at Candidasa

I would definately try The Terrace Restaurant or La Rouge.

Rendevous is nice for Breakfast also.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Mich, did you end up staying at Villa Pantai in Candidasa? I've booked for next month but with all the scams going on at the moment, I'm getting a bit nervous.

Thanks

jane

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Hello Jane, you may need to send a private message to Mich, as he may not be regularly checking these forums.

Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Australia Jane - my family and I stayed at Villa Pantai in 2009 - we had a marvellous holiday and I am still in touch with Stuart Ramsay, the owner. If you have booked with Stuart then you should be absolutely fine. If I can help with any info please PM me

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Hi Carey,

Candidasa is a very layback town - if you just want to chill at resort/villa and occasionally driver to take you for sightseeing, it will be a good base.

Candidasa is also a godo base for people who want to learn scuba diving or just want to do some good diving. Underwater in Bali is amazing. I am not sure if your kids are interested in water sports.

Just some suggestion :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: xmas at Candidasa

Hi Australia Jane,

Yes we stayed at Villa Pantai Bali over Christmas & it was lovely. We had no problem booking at all & did it all over the Internet with Stuart.

PM me if you want any more details.

Cheers,

Michelle

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa