We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surfing in candidasa

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
surfing in candidasa

Hi,

have always been to legian/nusa dua before and taken a board every time - for various reasons we are going to candidasa this time (mid feb) and was not planning to take a board as i understood the beach/reef was not conducive then saw on the hotel site there were small clean waves breaking on the reef out front - I saw posts from 2009 which talked about secret spots nearby - can anyone enlighten me on the chances of a wave there in feb ( I dont expect top class, just a wave thats rideable??

Thanks david in Noosa

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surfing in candidasa

You will often get a body wave in Candidasa and/or good enough to take a boogie board out, but if you are looking for better surf, you could try Jasri (around 20 minutes noirth of CD by road). We have just returned from Bali and despite surf not expected at this time of year, we did find it a couple of days in Jasri (when the tide was right) - do bring your bootees or take care, as it's a rocky bottom and entering and exiting can be difficult at times, though my husband found if you do so near where the creek flows into the sea, there's less barnacles etc growing on the rocks and it makes for an easy time of it.

Hope you get some surf.

2. Re: surfing in candidasa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, February 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Candidasa