We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Which Candidasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Hi all - as part of my first trip to Bali I'll have about 6 friends joining me in CD to celebrate my 50th birthday in late October and we're all staying at Bayshore Villas or in the Bayside Bungalows.

The girls are starting to ask about plans for those 3 or 4 days and I have a few things in mind - mainly learned here on the TA forum of course!

But for my actual birthday I'd like a mix of tourist something, food, beverages and spa treatments:) So I'd really like to visit Tirtgangga water palace in the morning (as I love the look of it and I'm a sucker for all things green and watery!) and I know that Brad will be putting on a great dinner for us at Bayshore that night. In the middle I'd like to enjoy a scrumptious but light and fun lunch before moving on to a spa for some pampering, then back to Bayshore to get ready and start the party!!

Where do you suggest we go for lunch and any spa recommendations would be welcome. I've had some info from Andre Salon Spa, The Watergarden and Rama Spa who all responded quickly to my inquiries. With thanks as always, Tanya

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

I'd go to Alam Asmara restaurant, Rendezvous for lunch, because it's a lovely little restaurant, right on the water and during the day, it's a great location to enjoy their very good food and watch the world go by on the water. They also have a little spa, but I've never tried it, so I can't give you feedback on it Tanya.

There are other places with very good food as well, but because this is on the water, I think it's a perfect lunch location.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Sounds gorgeous Soo - "the perfect lunch location" is just what I'm after:)

After reading your post, I had a look at the Alam Asmara as I thought maybe we could stay in the one spot for our afternoon spa session...but I think it's a bit small to cope with us all in one "go". We need something with a few more options for 4 or 5 of us over the same kind of time period. Will see if I get any further feedback on The Watergarden or Rama.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

I agree with Soo too Tanya re Rendezvous. We had lunch here on the way back from Amed in June and thought it was beautiful, and the food was really good too. I think this has the best view out of all the restaurants we have eaten in at Bali.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Hi Lizzy - thanks so much! That's a big call when I can see from your posts that you've eaten at a few!!;)

A great lunch-time location for a bunch of girls then - Rendezvous it is!

Hey - aren't/haven't the three of us all going to/have been staying in the "new house in the rice fields" at Alam Shanti this year?? My buddy and I have the two "apartments" booked - should I snag the ground floor or the upstairs one?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

We're in the downstairs, but we could get an extra bed in...tee hee.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,980 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

I always think being upstairs is better, but I may change my mind after staying this time.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Is that an invitation?? - you'd best be careful putting that out there on the forum...you never know what might happen!! Lol!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Tanya, I loved the downstairs. I like to be able to wander outside without stairs in the early morning and nearly always ask for a ground floor room whereever we go. We all spent a lot of time on our downstairs verandah too, having breakfast, afternoon tea, and just generally sitting and chatting, so I was glad this was our level.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Thanks Lizzy - that sounds like the "go" for me as well:) I can be a bit "wobbly" on stairs so maybe I shouldn't press my luck!! Cheers:)

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lunch in CD as part of 50th birthday celebrations?

Hi Tanya, have PM you with the Day Spas.

Have to say that my favourite resturant is La Rouge, have been to Rendevous, and yes a great view.

Enjoy your big day.

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa