We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

hello again, as i work on my scehdule for our trip.... Im wondering if we should start or end our trip in the south ??? Where exactly do you wish you had spent more time in ??...... hubby being a diver but we also love local drink and live music. WE have one week to spend between Candidasa and Lovina and possibly Menjangen. Is that enough time ? Thanks for your advice !

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Just for the convenience of being closer to the airport, it can be better to end your holiday in the south, but it's not a real drama to be travelling form further afield, as long as you get organised and on the road with plenty of time factored in for any possible delays.

For most of us Bali regulars, a week is never enough time in Bali, so if you have intentions of staying in those three locations, ie CD, Lovina and Menjangan, I would make it longer if that is possible, or stay in two, rather than three locations, if you are locked in to it being a week.

You will find plenty to do on, in and off the water and I can personally vouch for Candidasa being a great location. I've heard lots of good things about the diving at Menjangan.

Enjoy your holiday.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

well Candidasa is in the east and Lovina is in the North and Menjanen is in the North West.

You have asked about the South........and the airport is in the South.

I would finish your trip in the South so you could be close to airport.

maybe Sanur (20 mins from airport).

Lovina is 3 hours from the airport. Menjangan probably more.

Candidasa is maybe 2.

best you study this map kweeling.com/blog/…20map.jpg

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

As you have also mentioned CD and Lovina, I can vouch for both, CD (East) being the nicer of the two, however I guess it is a personnal choice. Sanur is also a good and convient choice to end the holiday, especially if you had a night flight, lessens you travel time.

Cheers and enjoy.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
467 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Howdy~ CD is a great little place to stay. good hotels, shops and restaurants, with a bit of bar/nightlife action. We have lived here for the past 3 years and have loved every minute! Not anything like the Kuta area. Diving is great in CD area, and it is a short pleasant 60 minute ride to Amed and Tulamben for outstanding dive sites. The SS Liberty wreck at Tulamben is a "MUST DO" for any Bali dive trip!! WW II US ship torpedoed by Japanese lies in 25-30 meters of water, 80 meters off the beach!! We are divers and do the Liberty regularly, so can advise of a great dive shop in 'immediate' area. End you trip in South, as advised, so that ride to airport has no hassles and hurries. You do not want to leave Bali on a down note. If we can help with Hotel ideas or transport, drop a line to us at~ billandmarcia@gmail.com

Where is your home and when are you coming to our island?

Aloha, Beach Bum Bill & Marcia

Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Thanks for all the words of wisdom ! Im always so suprised at how all you care !

Although maybe i wasnt clear, we are actaully in Bali for a month, We have booked our first 2 nights in Jimbaran, then 4 nights in Kuta, then plan to stay 4 nights in Sanur, then we go into Malang for 3 days to visit our sponsered child who we have had for 10 years. Upon return, we plan on heading to Nusa Lembongan for 3 nights and that leaves us one week for PadangBai, CD, and possibly Lovina/Menjengan. And of course, staying back in Sanur our night before departure to Thailand. Now knowing my schedule,........ do you think one week isnt enough time in those remote places ? Maybe cutting our Lovina ? Or are we spending to much time in Kuta/Sanur ? Thanks again Lovely people !!!! V

Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Beach Bum Bill ~ Howdy to you also ! Congrats on your wonderful life, Im sure you both worked hard of it and it is well deserved.

We are from central Canada, and we arrive in Bali April 15 and depart May 11. Thanks for the diving advice, Ryan was planning on those sites ! Also, any advice on a driver from Sanur to CD would be great ! We hope to be around that area May 2. Maybe we can have a drink together ? Enjoy the sunshine, as its -28 degrees celcius here today !!! booooohoooo!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,387 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

I had a feeling there was more to your holiday than the week you were speaking of in Candidasa, Lovina and possibly Menjangan. I would still say if it's three or so places places, than make it a little longer than a week if you can, otherwise make it two places. You can lose a lot of time having to go from one place to the next and the whole packing/unpacking, checking in/out takes time, but again none of that may cause you concern.

Distances as you know in Bali are not huge, but what with road congestion in parts and also construction/repairs etc, travelling can take a lot longer than it would at home.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

IMHO it really depends on what you want.

If you want to do quite a bit of shopping and to experience touristy busy bustling Bali, then stick to 4 nights in Kuta, but if thats not really your thing...then cut it to 2 nights and include Lovina.

2 nights in Lovina is probably enough having been to other chillout places.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Definately think about Candi Dasa as well. Lovina, well, only for a short time. If you do get to CD fell free to PM me of drivers and accomodation and look at my reviews on both accomodation in both Lovina and CD.

ENJOY your holiday.

Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Start or end bali adventure in the south ??

Thank you !!! Cheers everyone !

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa