We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Leeton, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

We are booked for a holiday to Candi Dasa in August. Just wondering if some one could advise us on the best way to get from the airport at Denpasar to Bali Shangrila Beach Club. Does the resort have their own pickup service?

Thanks, Rachel

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

You would probably have to contact the resort directly to ask them if they have an airport pick-up service. I 'm sure they could arrange one for you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Hi Rachel

You will arrive at the Ngurah Rai Airport which is located in Tuban(southern end of the island) Candi Dasa is located approx 2hrs from the airport to the north/eastern side of the island.

The cost of a taxi from the airport to Candi Dasa is 335,000rup, other alternative is booking a driver. There is a list of recommended drivers 'TA Members Drivers list' under the Top Questions about Bali top right hand corner of main page.

?Have you contacted the resort to enquire if they offer transfers.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,504 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

We regularly visit Candidasa and can recommend a local driver for you if you wish. Let me know and I will pass on his contact details.

Leeton, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Thanks, I have been waiting for a reply from BSBC as to their airport transfers but it is 2 weeks since I emailed them and they still haven't replied.

We would be grateful of the contact details of the driver you use. Approx how much does it cost?

Rachel

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,504 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Have PM'd you....

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Rachel and Soo.

Have just returned from Bali and 6 nights in Candidasa. Had great time with Made as our driver. He is so happy to take you places and will definitely pick you up at the airport. He offered to pick us up but as we were staying the first few days in Legian, I thought a taxi was a better option for us. He took us back to the airport though, and we had an excursion via Ubud for lunch.

thanks so much Soo for suggesting Made. I cant wait to return to bali. shame it will be a couple of years.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,504 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Thanks springqueen for getting back to us in regard to Made.

Yes, he and his family are such lovely people...we think of him as our Balinese son and he calls me Mama Soo....that does make me smile.

Sorry that your next trip is so far off. All the best.

Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Hi springqueen, could you recommend a good place to stay at Candadassa.. for a family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 14. Close to beach and restraunts for variety. what do you do there for fun. should we stay a night then move up to amed for a couple of nights. our first week is to be at legian. thanks for your help..

sydney oz
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Queeny can you send through Made contact details, we will need a driver from Kuta to Candi and back, then some trips out of Candi while we are there.

Always like to support the recommended drivers, lets them know we appreciate there personal service.

Scott

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Denpasar to Bali Shangri La Beach Club

Sorry Becky Boo, I have not got back to you. I only know really about the two places I have stayed in. however Aquaria does have a good family apartment. It is larger than the others and has a bit more private veranda. If you search for Aquaria in the candi dasa section you should find it as the no 1 specialty place .

Soo from Broome is much more knowledgable about Candi Dasa, and she favours a couple of places, but I do not know if they have larger apartments to stay in . If you want additional ideas pm Soo direct, she answered on this thread and is the one who gave me mades details.

So get in touch with Aquaria direct and ask if they have the family place available for you on the dates you need it. It is quiet, small. close to the town area as such, although the road from the main road is dark it is quite close to the corner so not too bad. I love the meals there, and the atmosphere, and you can snorkel in the right weather and tide straight off the end of the beach which is accessible via a small stairs to the right of the grassed area.

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa