We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candidasa or Amed

England
Level Contributor
287 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Candidasa or Amed

Hello need help : I have been to Candidasa and loved it stayed at the Water Garden Hotel ,I am going back to Bali this year and wonder if I should go back to the place I know and love or try Amed instead .

My only concern is does Amed have the little bars and restaurants that you can walk to easy as I dont really want to have to go by car every time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Hi

Can you do both?

Last time we went we did Lovina, Amed , Candidasa Ubud and Nusa Dua. This time we are doing Sanur or candidasa, Gili T and Ubud.

AMed is a very lovely place, however we never did walk around, It's alot quieter then candidasa. I did not see a main strip anywhere. They had some of the best snorkeling. We stayed at Life Amed where they also had amazing food we were only there for 3 nights and really 2 full days. They had very good food!

I think its worth a trip to amed if you can fit it in.

Lovely people, no hawkers.

K

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Can't comment on Amed as I never get that far! (it is a long drive) Have a look at Aquaria in Candidasa also if you want a change of scenery - it is on the waterfront side but still very quiet and peaceful and easy walking to the shops and restaurants and good snorkeling from just out side the hotel.

http://www.aquariabali.com/

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k216…

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Amed is definitely not a bar scene, but it is a wonderful way to spend a couple of days far removed from the world:):) at least that's what it seems like.

It's excellent for snorkelling and blobbing, we stayed ay Bayu Cottages which was great and I would like to stay at Anda Amed.

Deep Blue Selang, had very good buffet where they cooked fresh whole fish, it is also a hotel.

www.baligotours.com/detail.php…

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candidasa or Amed

amed area is made up of a number of bays with sandy beaches. generally there are fewer restaurants where u can drink and they can be quite far from each other. vienna beach has a few that are close together. it is not a bar scene but there can be good snorkelling and the locals are nice and helpful.

i'd go to amed so u can see a different place. you might discover a new love and if u don't like it u can go to candidasa.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
495 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Howdy Merryl,

We live in Candi Dasa now, having moved from Colorado, USA, 4 months ago. It has been marvelous.

We have taken scooter rides to Amed on several occassions and stay at the Divers Cafe and Bungalows.

very quiet, but clean rooms, cheap and very good food.

They have a dive shop and snorkeling gear for rent.

As has been stated, Amed is NOT a bar scene, but it is most relaxing. Restaurants are spread over about 2 kms along the beach road.

A stay in Amed would be most worth while............

Aloha, BB Bill and Marcia

England
Level Contributor
287 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Hi just like to say thanks for all the info posted , most helpfull still deciding between Amed and Candidasa should do both but dont have much time.

Merryl

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
495 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Howdy-

You could easily do a day trip to Amed for a look and some snorkling/diving. Even on a scoooter! ;o)

Well, if Ya' get to Candi Dasa, please stop by our house.

We are right at the western 'gate' into Candidasa and located in the Saputra Bungalows, across the street from the lotus Seaview Restaurant.

My cell phone is 081916206195.

Call and we can have Ya' over for a cold drink! :o)

Best of luck with your decision and travels!

Aloha, BB Bill & Marcia

England
Level Contributor
287 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Hi Bill& Marcia

sounds like a very good move you have made .

Thanks for the invite we will call you when we get to Candidasa ,we are coming in november.

Look forward to meeting you both then.

Bye for now Merryl

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
257 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Bill and Marcia,

That is so amazing you moved to Bali from the states. Some day we would like to do that for a few years, but have many years of work ahead of us, and not sure we could make a living there. I guess I'm assuming you are retired, but maybe not.

We get to come back for our third time in October, so we probably get there more then most yankees!

Karen

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
495 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Candidasa or Amed

Hi Merry,

We will be returning to the US for a couple of months on 10 Nov, so we may not be here when you are. :o(

Our cell phone is 081916206195, so call just in case we are still here. Where are you staying?

Howdy Karen,

We are indeed retired, as it is nearly impossible to work inBali. They do not want an "Ex-Pat" taking any positions that could be filled by a Balinese. We agree!!

Our cell phone is 081916206195. Please give us a call once you hit the Island. If you are in the Candi dasa area, maye we could meet for a drink or some food. Where will you be staying during your Holiday.

Please let us know how else that we might be able to help Ya'!!

Aloha to you both, BeachBum Bill & Marcia

Get answers to your questions about Candidasa