We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency exchange?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
currency exchange?

Hi

Can anyone tell me what the Indian Rupee exchange rate for GBP is in Goa today please - just to give me a point of comparison?

Presume it's best to change sterling on arrival as we did last year in Cavelossim, rather than in the UK. Just wondered if there are many options at the Heritage Village Hotel where we are staying come February, other than hotel reception?

Cheers♥

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
Cavelossim
Cavelossim
South Goa District, India
Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa
Heritage Village Resort...
1,696 Reviews
Cansaulim, India
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency exchange?

Work on 80 rupees to the pound at the moment, plenty of exchanges places throughout goa, don't buy in uk, and only change a small amount at the airport.

Atherstone, Uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency exchange?

Heritage Village will change your money at the reception desk - don't know what the rate will be though. Other than that take a wlk to the nearest village.

When are you going? We're going for our 2nd visit leaving Gatwick on Thomson flight 18th Feb.

Mentioned in this post
Heritage Village Resort & Spa Goa
Heritage Village Resort...
1,696 Reviews
Cansaulim, India
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency exchange?

Thanks Each

We'll be arriving from Manchester a few days after you, atherstonegirl. I see from your review dated January 2010 that you really enjoyed your first visit and we're looking forward to it to.

See you there.

Cheers♥

Atherstone, Uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: currency exchange?

We'll be in the outside bit of the bar (if we can get a seat) at night, after dinner.

See you there!

colchester
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: currency exchange?

You will get a decent rate at the Hotel. There is a board behind reception with the rates on. Its handy if you dont want to go too far. I normally take a bit of extra cash with me if I'm going out shopping and see a good exchange rate. I know someone purchased cigs using sterling at one of the little shops by the Hotel. (the one on the left as you come out of the front gate) There are a couple of banks in the village though. Going again March 10th time to the Heritage, Hope you enjoy your trip. lulu

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: currency exchange?

Thanks LuLu

10 return trips to the same hotel speaks volumes! Have you managed to crack the language yet? There's so many dialects used I'm confused, but I do like to have a please and thank you, hello and goodnight at my disposal in the language of every country I visit, but felt tongue tied in Goa last year - kept resorting to Spanish which was no help at all!

Thanks for your info.

Cheers♥

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
7. Re: currency exchange?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 11, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cansaulim
Recent Conversations