We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which nights?

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Village, New...
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which nights?

Which nights would be better to spend in Stellenbosch and the surrounding area? Friday night December 28th to Monday afternoon December 31st or Thursday morning January 3rd to Saturday afternoon January 5th? Will most things be closed on Sunday the 30th?

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which nights?

I would do the Thrusday - Saturday option, only because there maybe a few less tourists during the week than the weekend & also some places maybe closed Sunday ?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,289 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which nights?

I like the Thursday - Sunday stretch better, too. Town will be bustling, much more interesting. All the wine estates will be open with normal hours.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
506 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which nights?

A few years ago I stayed in Stellenbosh between Christmas and New Year, leaving on 31st December. Everything was open as usual, but some wineries were closing a couple of hours earlier on 31st. I have very fond memories of an excellent wine tasting at Rustenberg when they opened their very best wines!

One thing I did notice though was that the accommodation was very quiet and restaurants at night were quieter, but the place was very busy during the day. I guess it was lots of day visitors?

Lisa

4. Re: Which nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 21, 2013