We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

New York
Level Contributor
596 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

We've already booked our 16 day SA trip for Oct 2012 -- flights, accomodation, etc. and are starting to book the meals. We will be staying two nights at Le Quartier Francais and have arranged for two days with a private guide/driver so we don't need to worry about drink driving.

One day is Paarl and Stellenbosch and we have booked lunch at La Petite Ferme. Would it be too much to also have dinner at Rust en Vrede. I'm not so concerned about the cost (this is a big splurge vacation for us) but wonder if we would enjoy the meal after a big lunch. Also we plan to have dinner at our hotel (The Tasting Room) on our second night.

Sometimes too much of a good thing can diminish each thing.

Any thoughts or alternative ideas would be appreciated?

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

If you are visiting Paarl and Stellenbosch you will NOT want to have lunch at La Petite Ferme as this is located in Franschhoek.

There are lots of good choices for (a light lunch) - rather depends where you are around lunch time - if you are between Paarl and Stellenbosch, Glen Carlou would be a good spot, but you really are spoilt for choice. Which wine farms do you intend to visit?

New York
Level Contributor
596 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

I must have misread the basic plan for those two days. However, your clarification makes my question moot. I will find out which day lunch at La Petite Ferme is and book dinner at Rust en Vrede for the other day. Thanks.

New York
Level Contributor
596 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

I'm assuming that reservations aren't needed at the wine farms so I haven't started planning that level of detail yet. Any suggestions I should consider? Thanks, Eva

4. Re: Dinner at Rust en Vrede after a lunch at La Petite Ferme?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 02, 2013