We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stellenbosch and Franschoek Itinerary

Plainville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stellenbosch and Franschoek Itinerary

Hello,

My husband and I are very excited to be leaving two weeks from today for our trip to SA! I am trying to finalize our day trip itinerary to Stellenbosch and Franschoek and I have some questions (we are driving ourselves from Cape Town).

1.) Should we start the day in Franschoek or end the day there (will depend on what the suggestions are for dinner)?

2.) For dinner I am tempted to try Moyo at Spier (more for the setting than the food), but want to know if it is worth it?

3.) With only one full day how many wineries can we see?

4.) Of these wineries, given our limited time, which would you choose - Stellenbosch: Rust en Vrede, Waterford, Tokara, Spier Franschoek: Solms Delta, Graham Beck, Stony Brook, Boutenhoutskloof?

Sorry this is long and thanks in advance!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stellenbosch and Franschoek Itinerary

Okay, start from CT early and assuming that you do not want to return before dinner then a full day will allow you to start at Vergelegen (great range of wines and beautiful estate) near Somerset West, then back round towards Stellenbosch and I suggest Waterford (ine and chocolate tasting is a possibility - lovely Tuscan style winery) followed by Rustenberg. Then through the pass towards Franschhoek stopping at Tokara (and if you want an amazing view book a terrace or window table across the road at Delaire). All four of the wineries around Franschhoek are good to visit - I would add La Motte as another possibility.

Dinner at Moyo is certainly an experience - I preferred the treetop tables to the tents - food is good without being fantastic - for that I would suggest dinner at Rust en Vrede.

2. Re: Stellenbosch and Franschoek Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 23, 2010