We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stellenbosch wine estate in February

Cymru
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Stellenbosch wine estate in February

I am planning to travel to the Western Cape wine country with my partner for about a week or so in early February 2009. We want to stay on a wine estate, with nice rooms, great views and good food, probably in or near Stellenbosch. I don't want to spend more than ZAR1800 per night for the two of us, including breakfast. I don't want to stay at a spa resort or a conference centre! Am considering Lanzerac Manor. Any thoughts or ideas?

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

not much better or more expensive than the lanzerac.

you may consider the rusthoff in franschhoeak.

craig beal - owner - travel beyond

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,423 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

For sure checkout Hawksmoor House. It's on a working farm about a 20 minute drive. It's a fabulous place and a great bargain.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
848 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

Hello Llwyncrwn - Have a look at the website of Cathbert Country Inn, we stay there every February and it would meet all your requirements. It is situated between Stellenbosch and Franschoek so both are easily accessible - only problem might be it will be booked up. Many places in the area get fully booked months in advance for that period.Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

Cymru
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! I looked at Cathbert, but was unsure because their website doesn't mention a restaurant. Do they have a restaurant? Or are there any nearby? I'm a big fan of breakfast - can you recommend their breakfast?

Thanks so much for your response.

Michael

Paris, France
Level Contributor
848 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

Yes you can have dinner there every night, the advantage for us being that it is served outside on the stoop (terrace)The views are probably the best around as they are half way up a hill and there is nothing better than sitting on the stoop watching the moon come up over the mountains - also the breakfasts are very very good. Just in case someone reading these posts is wondering what blwyddyn newydd dda means, it is happy new year in welsh

6. Re: Stellenbosch wine estate in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 11, 2009