We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stellenbosch with teenagers

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
388 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Stellenbosch with teenagers

We arrive in Capetown in July, and will travel straight to Lanzerac Manor for the first couple of night. My idea is that we can 'chill' before starting our holiday proper - but with my 15 and 16 year old, I doubt we'll get much downtime!

I thought that a day at Spier might be good, looking at the Cheetahs, a touch of wine-tasting, and perhaps followed by a meal at Moyo.

Does this sound OK? It would be on a Sunday. Would Moyo be open at that time of the year?

Many thanks for reading!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

Hi

A lot depends on the nature and interests of your two teenagers. Are they quiet indoor types or do they prefer the great outdoors? Lanzerac lists the following activities:-

…hotelguide.co.za/Cape_Winelands_Hotels-trav…

Cheers

Howard Neill

Birmingham
Level Contributor
388 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

Thank you for that - like most teenagers they are into everything, and then need to flop occasionally!

I thought that it might be an idea to have an easy couple of days, before moving into Capetown.

I have just been told that it is the Franschhoek Bastille Festival that weekend - might be interesting?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
93 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

If your teens are into horses I recommend that you check out Paradise Stables in Franschhoek. We tried the winetasting on horseback and had a great day. I guess it's a great way to chill:)

http://www.paradisestables.co.za/Welcome.html

Heard that Moyo is awesome, never tried it though. We went to Terroir - and the food was to die for! Very inexpensive too!

Have fun in Stellenbosch!!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

How about Monkey Town in Sommerset West?

I plan to go there - still a kid at heart!

http://www.monkeys.co.za/about.htm

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

We were at Moyo on a Sunday late February, very busy but lots of young people about. Stellenbosch is a university town so there should be lots for the teenagers to do.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

A short drive from the Lanzerac is the beautiful Jonkershoek Nature Reserve. Mountain bikes can be rented at the entrance and there is a circular track that can be biked, very beautiful.

I think for kids, the cheetahs would be great but be aware that Spier is VERY touristy. They don't have great wine. If you want to do a wine tasting with the kids, perhas go to Waterford wine estate where they do a wine and chocolate tasting. The chocolate might interest them more!

Moyo is definately open on Sundays.

7. Re: Stellenbosch with teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, September 23, 2009