We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delaire Winery 2008

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Delaire Winery 2008

Hi,

I'm sending this message out in the hope that somebody has a contact who is connected to the owner/manager at Delaire Winery in Stellenbosch.

For years now I've always dreamt of having my wedding there - and finally I'm engaged!

As anybody who has planned a wedding knows - you need to book your reception venue at least a year in advance.

But Delaire are renovating, and although they will be ready in time for our wedding in December 2008 - they can't let us know about the wedding packages!!

I'm hoping that somebody out there can appeal to the owner to create his wedding packages so that I can know if my dream can come true and is within our budget.

If anyone can help - its greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Hi Kim

You have picked a beautiful venue. As wedding videographers, my wife and I have worked there many times over the years.

I have sent an email to Delaire. I will let you know of the result.

Cheers

Howard Neill

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Thank you. I have honestly wanted to get married there since my first year at University so many years ago. I went there for some predrinks before a University ball and fell in love. It would be a dream come true if we could actually have it there.

I really appreciate your help.

Do you by any chance have any videos of weddings there to keep me inspired :-)

Thanks again - lets hope something comes of your email that you sent.

K

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Hi Kim

I am surprised that you don't have response by now.

Would you believe, the first time we worked at Delaire was in 1998 and we have worked on and off, over the years, until 2001. That was the last time.

I will scratch around. I might have that video somewhere and I will let you know if I can find it. It will be a bit dated.

Interestingly, we were "across the road" at Zorgvliet two weeks ago. They might be a consideration, if Delaire don't get their act together.

Cheers

Howard

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

My fiance has just actually received an email saying they will only have their packages ready in August/September! I really am shocked that they don't have their act together earlier as they're missing out on business here in a big way.

We have provisionally booked Olivello as our second choice and we're happy with it too.

Have only heard good things about Olivello, so hopefully it will all work out unless you hear something different from Delaire!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Hi Kim

August/September - that is amazing!

Here is a wedding at Olivello, almost exactly a year ago. A windy day, but that is the Cape for you.

www.capevideos.com/video/MG-Highlights.wmv

Cheers

Howard Neill

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Here is a YouTube version, in case you can't play WMV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfuL6cMeAZg

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Thanks! I actually know this brides brother from many years ago back home in Somerset West. Love this video! Do you remember how many guests they had roughly. This doesn't look squashed at all, but we're have about 100 and I'm a bit scared it may be a bit tight!?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
585 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

Hi Kim

That wedding had 75 guests, so 100 would be packed in a bit tighter. Reception venues seem to have "elastic walls" when it comes to fitting in guests. Getting around, between the tables becomes difficult.

If you are worried, there is a larger venue at Delvera, which is just down the road from Olivello. The last time we were there, it accommodated 90 guests easily, with room to spare. It was an Afrikaans wedding. Here is the highlights clip:-

www.capevideos.com/video/JM-Highlights-L.wmv

Cheers

Howard Neill

9. Re: Delaire Winery 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, September 17, 2009