We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long does it take?

How long does it take for me to go through Ostrich Farm and Cango Caves? Is it neccessary to take one whole day to tour the above two places? Thx!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take?

Cango Caves often has queues. Not sure whether it is possible to pre-book.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long does it take?

You can definitely do it in one day. Maybe do the caves in the early morning to avoid queues?

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does it take?

Hi, Hong Kong!

It takes an hour or so to do each of Cango and the ostrich farm. So these are things that should not take all day. (To be sure, you can sign up for special excursions that take longer.)

Cango Cave is about a half-hour by car from downtown Oudtshoorn.

When we went to Cango Cave, about 9 a.m. on a February morning (not low season) we had no queue at all, except for the usual few minutes delay parking our car, buying tickets and waiting for the tour to start. At the ostrich farm we also had a few minutes wait to round up a tour guide.

If you do both in the morning, perhaps with a snack in between, you should be finished by early afternoon.

Happy travels, and let me know if I can help further!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

4. Re: How long does it take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 06, 2009