We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Hi, my fiancee and I are traveling to South Africa in October and are undecided about whether to stay in Plettenberg Bay or Knysna. We have three nights to spend in the Plett/Knysna area and I see from the reviews that there are alot of activities for day-time, however, we are looking for some good nightlife also. We are both in our late 20's and looking for a good town with nice vibrant bars/restaurants etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Justin

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Look at gotoknysna.com (I typed in Knysna nightlife into my search engine). The thing we liked about Knysna, is that the central waterfront area is very compact, whereas Plett is much more spread out. It means you don't have to wander forever to find the restaurants/bars/nightlife you are looking for.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Thanks so much for that joyceyorks

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,024 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Rather Knysna than Plettenberg Bay. More lively and also they have the Waterfront area for late activities.

Hank Daries - Ulungele Tours

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Unless you are there on a Friday or Saturday or during holiday periods, night life is unlikely.

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Yeah, ive lived in both Knysna and Plett. Im gonna go with Knysna on the nightlife for sure, Plett is lovely beachy summer destination but the knysna nightlife is a lot more active.

even then only on friday and saturday out of season.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
848 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

Following previous post even then very tame in comparison to Dublin nightlife!

Edited: 3:08 am, September 09, 2012
7. Re: Knysna or Plettenberg Bay for Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, December 16, 2013