We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Due to you helpful folk I managed to find a great value b&b in hermanus that I'd not come across via google! Now, we've 3 nts in Knysna in november and are hoping to keep the budget down, preferably under £70 per night for both of us. Ideally we'd like to be able to walk into town for a bite to eat and a couple of beers but we'll have a car so it's not vital if there's a nice outside area where we can sit out and have a drink after eating. A safe place, that's clean, with parking and quietish would be ideal! Thanks again.

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

I know of a place called Protea guesthouse which might be what you are looking for

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Try Portfolio: We've used them for years, although Knysna is quite a bit more expensive than Hermanus. Good luck.

portfoliocollection.com/search/…Knysna

Knysna
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Go with trip advisor recommends. Your budget is the average price in Knysna at this time of year.

Benoni, South Africa
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Hope it is not too late for you to possibly include in your holiday plans - but you might like to consider Tide Cottage - a self-catering, delightful and reasonable little garden cottage (2 en suite bedrooms) owned by Mick and Pixie Roberts on the Belvidere Estate alongside the lagoon. there is parking available. You could contact Mick and Pixie who are most hospitable and helpful hosts at either pixmick@mweb.co.za or tel 044 387 1319. Hope you enjoy your trip. Fiona

Knysna
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

hi check out our guest lodge www.inyathiguestlodge.co.za, 5 mins walk to waterfront and restaurants. and within budget... please note: most of trip advisor rates listed for knysna B&B do not corresponde with actual rates. so go chech out indiviual website for true rates.

otherwise check out knysna tourism site www.visitknysna.co.za which also has lots of info about what to do whilst here in knysna.

please ignore recent fake untrue review on TA, not sure what prevokes people like that, but we are confident that whats written is not true...

regards

helen

Benoni, South Africa
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

How on earth can you make such a sweeping comment as to say that what I wrote is not true??!! Why on earth would I want to do that? i have used TripAdviser frequently myself both for travel in South Africa (my home country) and abroad and I wouldn't dream of writing something which was blatantly untrue. That self-catering little cottage is everything I said it was and I have absolutely nothing to gain by sharing this information except to make someone else's holiday as pleasurable as ours was. And where, may I ask do you come from with your shaky English?

Mentioned in this post
Knysna
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

sorry fionasally.

with my post - i did not mean your comments or post. i was refering to a recent review written about our own establishment..... with nothing to do with Tide Cottage. actually I hear its very nice there in belvidere.

I thought that reviews were what was posted against establishments and that what we are doing now is writing posts..... Also please do not personally knock me, for my typing skills, as i actually hail from the UK, and like to write old school english as opposed to shortened text lingo..

and as yourself i also do not write comment about establishments i have never visitied or stayed at....

Jim-Coventry-UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

Hi, this appears to be a very late reply to your question, but in November (in my view of recent visits in November) I would not hesitate to go knysna without booking. You will always find good mid price accomodation. (usually advertised at a very cheap price on the way in to Kysnsa from the wilderness direction)

If you would prefer to book, check out Kysna Manor Hotel or the Wayside inn, we have stayed at both places twice. Both are very central and very clean. with parking, and around the price that you are after.

Also whilst you in knysna, checkout the Firefly http://www.fireflyeatinghouse.co.za/ a superb small relaxed restaurant.

If you are passing through the Wilderness - check out a new hotel for lunch on the way through, which opened last November when we were there. "Views Hotel and spa" viewshotel.co.za/restaurants/… this is next to the Protea Beach hotel as you enter Wilderness from Kysnsa, the most incredible views of the beach.

Enjoy ZA and the fantastic people, we will be leaving in 11days time for our trip and cannot wait.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Wilderness
Wilderness
Western Cape, South Africa
9. Re: Reasonably priced b&b in Knysna, preferably walking distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, May 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Knysna