We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knysna guest house location

Belgium
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Knysna guest house location

Hi,

In Knysna we would like to do the featherbed nature reserve excursion, go to the waterfront and taste some oysters, and maybe do a township tour with Emzini tours. What would be the best location in Knysna for us to book a guest house? I found several B&Bs in different locations such as Thessen Island, Leisure Island etc but don't know if those are good locations for what we want to do...

thanks,

Jenny

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Knysna guest house location

Thesen Island is an excellent location. I prefer staying in the area of Knysna Quays hotel- Log Inn Hotel area. It has a bit of a night life. Great little hang out places like Olde's Pub and places in the waterfront shopping area. Google Olde's Pub in Knysna. Then drop the address into Google Maps and get a Street view of the area.

Most of the Guesthouses are in extremely beautiful areas but the point is that they are away from the town and you don't get to appreciate the scenery anyway because you're out touring every day and you're out of town.

Knysna
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Knysna guest house location

You should keep away from guest houses near the N2 as the noise of trucks passing through town will keep you awake at night. Otherwise anywhere pretty with a view is fine.

Belgium
Level Contributor
65 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Knysna guest house location

Thank you. I have booked at Armadillo Studios in the suburb Hunters Home.

I looked great on the website and owners were very friendly...

thanks for your help.

Jenny

4. Re: Knysna guest house location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, March 28, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Knysna