We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P E to Knysna.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
P E to Knysna.

Morning, I will be traveling from P E to Knysna late Dec could anyone give me rough timings and route options.Thanks Steve.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,088 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: P E to Knysna.

There is really only one option which is via the N2. It is 268km and will take around 2:30hrs excluding stops. But there are, of course, plenty of places to stop on the way - Jeffrey's Bay, Storm's River, Tsitsikamma, Plettenberg Bay ... So you could spend all day!

The roads through the towns will be very busy Christmas/New Year period but the N2 motorway bypasses most if you don't want to stop.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: P E to Knysna.

Thanks Van,can you advise me on storms river mouth bridge is it a long walk and is it worth the detour?. We are in Knysna for two days can we do Tsitsikamma from there.Thanks Steve.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
166 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: P E to Knysna.

Hi, Just got back from S. Africa. The Storms River Mouth trail is really short. From the start to the bridge took us less than 20 min each way. The tougher part was getting to the top of the lookout point. It took us an additional 30 min up and 20 down. We spent a little less than 2 hours total there including time for pics. But we did it at a brisk pace.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
544 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: P E to Knysna.

Hi - the answer to your question is, yes you can do Tsitsikamma from Knysna. It is about 45 mins drive. However, you are driving past, so why not try and fit it in en route from PE to Knysna. I can recommend the Tree Top Canopy Tour!

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
254 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: P E to Knysna.

DEFINITELY take the 3 hours to do the canopy tour. I've written about our experience (with children) elsewhere in this forum.

6. Re: P E to Knysna.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 20, 2010