We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxis

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxis

Hi - we are trying to decide which area to stay in Knysna and as there is not much availability left (for end of Nov) it looks likely it will be either Paradise or Thesan Island.

We believe the waterfront is the best place for restaurants and going out in the evening(?)and so before booking we would ideally like to get an indication of distance in terms of walking and/or a rough indication of the cost of a taxi from either place. As if too far to walk or extortionate for a taxi we would maybe try again to get somewhere more central.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

johannesburg
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxis

If you don't have a car, I would highly recommend the Protea Hotel Knysna Quays. It is right at the waterfront. We always stay there when we travel to Knysna. No need to worry about taxis at all. proteahotels.com/protea-hotel-knysna-quays.h…

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxis

Hi.

Personally I find the waterfront a bit busy, touristy and over-developed. You could consider staying on Leisure Island - there are many, many guesthouses and hotels and it's safe to just walk around at night between the numerous restaurants.

I'm not sure about taxis prices, but I'd reckon on maximum R50 (GBP4) for a taxi around the Knysna Town area?

Rob. Satpack Travel

3. Re: Cost of taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 04, 2010