We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

Hi,

I am trying to get information on the seven passes road / Old Knysna road? We will be driving from Oudtshoorn to George to Knysna.

Can someone please send a detailed way/description with where to stop on the way/attractions from George to Knysna via the seven passes road?

Also on one of the online sites I read about this spot between Oudtshoorn and George via Outeniqua Pass.

"Of particular significance is the four passes viewpoint. From where the historic Voortrekker passes as well as the historic Montague and railroad passes can be seen."

Can anyone tell me where exactly is this viewpoint?

Thanks in advance.

Mya

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

knysnatourism: is this road accessible for a 22 seated coach like a Volare etc.?

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
254 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

I came across this personal trip report of the Seven Passes which includes photographs.

…blogspot.com/2009/09/day-4-seven-passes-and…

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

I drove the Montagu Pass in early October 09, it is quite praticable in a small hire car but lumpy gravel with some tightish spots. We had no problem except one - we couldn't see a thing! We had a thick low cloud and gentle rain which reduced visibility to yards. Took an hour or so. Me met 3 bakklies coming uphill and saw the odd baboon and that was it. From the photos on line we missed a lot, my advice would be to stick to the main road if these conditions prevail. All this was a disappointment as I had planned the drive months ago, no time to reroute.

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

It's a beautiful pass and lots of windy old road, very quaint.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Knysna, South Africa
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

This is an excellent article and a true reflection of the 7 passes .

16. Re: Seven Passes Road / Old Knysna Road ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 01, 2010