We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Pennard...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

I'm going to be in Hermanus Bay 24th -28th Nov - can anyone advise about the weather at that time of year. Most importantly is it warm enough to swim in the sea? (Normal swimming for me is Cornwall in a wet suit!)

Hermanus, South...
Destination Expert
for Namibia
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

The weather in November is generally nice and warm, winter is dragging on a bit this year though! It was lovely and sunny yesterday and from next week is supposed to be better.

I would leave the sea to the whales and the sharks though. It is freezing cold! It is around 14 degrees at the moment (hubby scuba dives) and if anything it gets colder rather than warmer.....The sea is better for swimming in Cornwall lol!

East Pennard...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

thanks a lot - how very depressing to find the sea is too cold for swimming! I suppose we would have to go further up the coast for warmer seas. Thanks anyway.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Water temp is always different everywhere, but very cold along the coast though of Cape Town. The reason for that is it is still part of the Atlantic Ocean. I would suggest and agree to go up further East to enjoy a good swim. Places like Victoria Bay close to George, the Wilderness and as well as Plettenberg Bay and Stormsriver Valley. Just be careful, the currents have not been so pleasant for the last couple of years and drownings along our coast is on the increase.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

East Pennard...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Very helpful suggestions - thanks a lot.

Dhahran, Saudi...
Level Contributor
1 post
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

whats the weather like in August? or how bad is the weather in August?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

It might be the most uncomfortable month. My SAfrica home is across Walker Bay from Hermanus, and I tend not to go there in August because of the likely combination of wind, rain, and cold. But you never know. You can have some lovely days then, too.

7. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015