We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

We are travelling to SA in Dec. Am looking for either small family B&B (reasonably-priced) or self-catering. Many places are located on a steep slope with paths down to the beach. However, I am looking for something that is on level ground and not far from town centre as we won’t have our own transport..

My son has a heart problem and steep slopes or long distances are definitely to be avoided. We have been to SA before but never stayed in Hermanus.

Many thanks for any feedback

Lizby

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

A self-catering unit with two bedrooms would be ideal. Suggest you

look at Abercron Residence (www.abercron-residence-hermanus.co.za) and La Fontaine (very central) - www.lafontaine.co.za and Pelagus House (www.pelagus.co.za).

Also take a look at www.portfoliocollection.com and click on Bed and Breakfast. The Portfolio Guide is reliable and establishments are checked annually with a very high standard of acceptance.

Location etc. is described.

Enjoy your stay in South Africa.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
996 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

You may want to try the Hermanus website - www.hermanus.co.za if you haven't already done so.

If memory serves me correctly, Hermanus is on a kind of a ridge with the beach further down - i don't recall any properties actually on the beach, but I may be wrong.

December is peak season in all coastal areas in SA, so best book something quickly as most places along the Western Cape coast are booked up many months ahead.

Vienna
Level Contributor
368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

Many thanks for all these suggestions. Will try and get something in the few days. Plans starting to fall into place, so thanks for tip to get bookings done fast.

Much appreciate the time taken to reply.

So looking forward to it.

I have seen the Portfolio site mentioned on trip advisor, but forgot to write it down. Will definitely follow that up.

Best

Lizby

We are staying at Le Bay in Gordons Bay and can really recommend it. Five mins. from the beach, v. nice Swiss owners. They are great hosts and not long ago were awarded a third star. If you're near there, drop by for very nice lunch.

4. Re: Can anyone help re accommodation, especially re location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 12, 2009