We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
22 helpful votes
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
Save

I will be visiting Cape Town in December'16, was making my itinerary for the city. I want to visit Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden and Table top mountain, is it better to visit the garden on the way to table top or shall I visit both the places on separate days.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
8,690 posts
276 reviews
758 helpful votes
1. Re: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
Save

Visiting both on the same day is easily doable; if, the TM cable car is not shut down.

The Table Mountain cable car is occasionally shut down due to high winds at the top of the mountain.

So be prepared to be flexible.

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
602 posts
276 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
Save

We did it in the same day and it was very easy. Start early with the Mountain, buy your tickets online to save queuing.

Go there from 9:30 till like noon. And the go for lunch and afternoon in Kirstenbosh.

you can use the Red bus hop on Hop off tour, for easy travels.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
Save

If you are really energetic you can limb table mountain from Kirstenbosch up either the nursery Ravine or Smuts track ( skeleton Gorge) not difficult No guide necessary just travel as a couple

4. Re: Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 28, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central