We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanbona reserve montagu

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
sanbona reserve montagu

has anyone stayed at sanbona reserve between montagu and barrydale in western cape? Is it worth its money?

any comments please

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sanbona reserve montagu

Hi there Joasia,

I haven't been there myself. I think it depends on what you are wanting from the reserve. Notice that there are only 2 lions with 3 cubs and I'm not sure how many elephant. If you are wanting to be out in the country for silence and fresh air and if you enjoy looking at natural type vegetation, then it could be lovely, but if you are wanting an African Safari or Game Lodge experience, I suspect you will be dissapointed. I'm not sure, but just reading their website it looks like it is in its early stages of development and I really praise people for taking the time and energy to attempt conservation and all it entails, I'm not sure that it will meet what you are hoping to pay for.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sanbona reserve montagu

Thank you technobabe. Yes we wanted to have safari experience rather than just good service and fresh air as you can have that in abundance in lots of places around Karoo.We had our 8 yr old more in mind as she would probably enjoy a good game drive more than us. As there are 5 of us it would be a substantial cost to bear for perhaps luxury on its own. As the park is so vast we may just wait for the animals to have more babies :-)

3. Re: sanbona reserve montagu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central