We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

Gauteng
1 post
Save Topic
Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

Can anyone help with a map site showing detailed route from airport to Hermanus- long time since I was there last and first time driving myself- a little nervous- I appreciate any help!!!!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

shell geostar?

or simply type in maps cape town into google or whatever.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

From the airport you have choice of two routes to Hermanus.

1. Leave the airport turn onto the N2 (towards Somerset West, George etc in other words away from Cape Town)keep on the N2 over Sir Lowry's Pass, very scenic, almost moonscape rock formations in parts. At Bot River turn onto the R43, through Onrus into Hermanus. Very straightforward and the quicker route, timewise.

2. Again from the airport onto the N2, a few kms past Somerset West turn right onto the R44 towards Gordon'sBay, Pringle Bay, Hangklip, Betty's Bay, Kleinmond eventually join the R43 to Onrus and Hermanus. If time is not a major factor I prefer this route as a lot of it is right along the coast with fantastic scenery. Again depending on time and your interests, at Betty's Bay there is a colony of African Penguins at Stoney Point, which entails a very small loop off the main road and a walk to the point from the car park there. A bit further on towards Hermanus is the Sir Harold Porter Botanical Garden. There doesn't appear to be anything to see looking from the road but once inside is a very pleasant place to stroll round and look at the gardens and a very nice little cafe.

Both routes are pretty straightforward and well signposted.

Hope this helps you with your planning.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

Hi there, you've been given excellent directions, if you would like to be able to "see" as well, here are two links to maps:

http://www.lavendermanor.co.za/map.htm

and

www.shellgeostar.co.za/planyourroute.asp

4. Re: Cape Town airport to Hermanus- map site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central