We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

North Easton...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

Good day!

I'm trying to weigh my options (independent of price) as to whether to book a 2 night stay at the Abbey Manor or the Hemingway House. Both establishments look and sound brilliant, so I'm trying to make a decision based on location, view, past good/bad experiences from folks, etc. Our goal for our 3 days with Cape Town as our home base is to head down to see the Cape of Good Hope, enjoy some of the city itself, and possibly head to the Atlantic Coast for a bit...

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have!

Kind regards...

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

Gosh, quite a difficult choice! They are actually fairly close to each other, so location won't help you too much.

Both have also had fairly good reviews. Sorry I;m not much help.

dallas
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

Did you find out any information on these two places? I'm also torn between them for a 2008 trip. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

I only know Hemingway House, so can't comment on Abbey Manor. But HH is fantastic...only small and you tend to 'share' a courtyard with the other guests (4 rooms i think total). Often used by film crews who take the whole house over.

Great staff, really comfy rooms (not massive but large enough and well furnished). Just a really great social atmosphere.

I really enjoyed it although its a couple of years since i last stayed with them...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

Hello,

I'd highly recommend Hemingway House -- the small size is part of the charm as it really does have a home from home feel (if your home came with a staff and was furnished by a posh designer). Personally I like the West the best, though the South room does come with its own study which is nice.

Cheers,

Julian

Cape Town
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

Abbey Manor is higher up in Oranjezicht and has stunning views over the city and back at Table Mountain. Hemingway House is nestled in a leafy pocket down in Gardens. Neither location makes much of a difference regarding the activities you're considering

Both are first rate establishments and you can't make a bad choice between them!

HTH

Kurt

--

afrikatourism.blogspot.com

6. Re: Abbey Manor vs. Hemingway House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central