We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

Anyone who has gotten married recently in Cape Town/ Cape Winelands.

Have you any recommendations for products or services received?

Minister

Wedding Cake

Videographer

Photographer

Florist

Hair dresser

Beauty treatments

etc.

Have booked Palmiet Valley Estate in Paarl for next October and flying out this November to meet up and finalise everything.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Nelson, New Zealand
Level Contributor
55 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

As they cater specifically for weddings - they should have a list of contacts for you if they dont do everything themselves. Just tell them in detail what it is you expect from your day and they should bend over backwards to make your day even better.

Try this site as well ; http://www.celebration.co.za/index.php

ck
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

Also check out www.celebrationhouse.co.za

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

Hi there,

My daughter is getting married in March, so we've been researching all this quite a lot. She has everything filed away, so I'll ask her for the name and email of her photographer.

The florist she is using is :klemarie@mweb.co.za

She checked out about 12 at various wedding displays over the past few months and this lady was the moste reasonable priced and apparently her work is lovely, my niece works at Stellenbosch University and says this florist often delivers things there and they were lovely.

I sing at weddings and there are two ministers that do quite a few of the weddings, again, I've forgotten what their names are but will try to find out in the next few days and let you know. My son and daughter in law got married two years ago and had a lady minister marry them, she was delightful, gave a really lovely warm talk etc, but they had a rather different wedding on a beach. If you like I can get her name also.

I'm afraid I can't help with the cake etc but am sure the venue will be able to give you hints.

I'll get back to you in a few days. (everyone is asleep right now, I'm a night owl!)

Cheers.

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

Hi Scottles,

I'm so pleased you decided on Palmiet. I hope the photos I sent were useful. You won't be disappointed by at it all.

My wedding at Vrede en Lust is in November and I thought you might find it useful to know the suppliers we're using. All of them have been recommended by Wedding Concepts planning so they have all got very good reputations:

Minister - we're having a non-religious marriage officer who is absolutely lovely. Her name is Marietjie Ventor. Marietjie however is also a reverend and most often is the minister at religious weddings. Her number is 0031 (0) 21 913 2404

Wedding Cake - We're using Gina Buys based in Strand

Videographer - We were highly recommended Altus Tolken of Palace Productions. We saw a sample DVD and it was excellent.

Photographer - Supposedly the top wedding photographer in Cape Town is a guy called Joe. I believe you'll find his details on celebration.co.za. However we felt he was too expensive so we are using Sarah Wood (also on Celebration website). We met up with her and saw her portfolio; it was excellent.

Florist - We are using a man called Garth Paton from LUSH. He's meant to be a decor genius!

Hair dresser - We're having our hair done at supposedly the best hairdressers in Stellenbosch. It's called Fashion in Vogue and it's in the Nassau Building on Plein Street.

Beauty treatments - we're having our nails done by Michelle Gillespie and her number is 0031 (0)83 324 2243.

Any other suppliers you need just let me know.

natB

5. Re: Getting wed in Cape Winelands - recommendations needed for..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 19, 2009