We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carhire3000

chiselton, uk.
Level Contributor
82 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Carhire3000

I've booked through carhire3000 as previous posts seemed to recommend them, but it has just been confirmed that the hire is though thrifty and have seen some terrible reviews about them! I knew carhire3000 is a broker but was hoping that is wouldn't be Thrifty - can anyone calm my nerves with some good feedback?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carhire3000

My knowledge of Dollar Thirfty is not so good, so sorry i will not be able to help there. What i maybe can help with is that, can you maybe think that you can cancel it with Carhire3000 and book the vehicle through a company here in Cape Town. I can recommend Avis Car Hire, the leading car hire company in South Africa and then there is a few more like: Europcar, Tempest Car Hire and also First Car Hire.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Edited: 2:17 pm, April 22, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carhire3000

My wife and I travelled to South Africa last year and we hired a car with Thrifty through Carhire3000.We picked the car up at Cape Town airport.The process was quick and simple and we were even upgraded from a standard car to a NissanX trail at no extra cost.On our return 3 weeks later the process handing the car back was quick and simple.Overall no complaints at all.We are returning next year and will hire direct with Thrifty this time.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carhire3000

Hi Hank

last year ,I found the quotes direct from the car hire firms in CT were very expensive compared with a broker such as Carhire3000.

perhaps the rates are different if foreigners book via an local agent such as yourself?

we had some issues with Europcar regarding being charged over the top for petrol and some argument as to what time we dropped the car off at PE airport. However, Carhire3000 took the complaint up with Europcar on our behalf and arranged for the erroneous charges to be refunded to our credit card.

Kent
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Carhire3000

Aroundabout Cars in Cape Town, I used them a few times, very reliable & reasonable prices.

5. Re: Carhire3000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:37 pm, May 01, 2013
Port Elizabeth
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carhire3000

We would Recommend Thrifty as all the cars that we have hired have been good and we hire on a weekly basis. The staff at least in port Elizabeth are very professional too

Italy
Level Contributor
39,506 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carhire3000

We used carhire 3000 and got thrifty and were very pleased with the service, the process was quick and easy and the rate was great with all insurance included so I wouldn't worry.

8. Re: Carhire3000

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, May 13, 2013
Lincoln, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carhire3000

We hired using Thrifty for our honeymoon last year, I can honestly say they were amazing! Even after we had an accident (someone drive into us at speed), they paid for a taxi back to airport and had us in a replacement within 30minutes. I will always use them now!

10. Re: Carhire3000

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 19, 2014