We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

Has anyone done a Great White Shark dive in Cape Town?

Any advice? Any suggestions on which company to go with? What does the day invole?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

The only one I know of operates from the sea-side village of Gansbaai.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

Yep, I've been shark diving before.

I went with a company called White Shark Ecoventures. You should book it up with them because they use the biggest cage (6 man). This means you are able to have longer diving time than any of the other companies can offer you. They will also pick you up from where you're staying in Cape Town.

Have a look on their website, you should find all the info you need on there...

http://www.white-shark-diving.com

It's definitely worth doing if you're in Cape Town but the experience isn't all what it's cracked up to be. I thought it was going to be the most terrifying experience of my life - it wasn't scary at all (that was the general opinion from everybody else too). It's more about the feeling of amazement.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

Do check when you book about their policy if the weather turns bad and you are unable to do the dive.

My son had an unfortunate experience, he and his wife booked a dive as a present for a friend and they all paid, went in the boat and when they got to the place, the wind had reached a level where it was felt that it would be too dangerous, so they were unable to dive, they turned back and were not refunded anything! It is fairly expensive, so worth getting your facts straight first.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Cape Town Central
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

Althought late, i just have to reply. I have have just been on the phone wit one of the Agents. Apparently no-one refunds if the weather is bad. However, i spoke to a group of people last week who had been collected early in the morning, got to the boat, and the weather was bad so they got part of their fee refunded.

5. Re: Great White Shark Dives in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 15, 2009