We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

We're flying to South Africa for our honeymoon in April and as part of our trip, we will be spending four nights in Cape Town before heading to Franschhoek. Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants? We love our steak and seafood, plus tasting menus - I've heard that the food out there is phenomenal anyway but if anyone knows of anywhere in particular it'd be great to hear more! We're staying at the Clarendon Bantry Bay. As we're only there for four days we have a lot to fit in but what are the 'must sees' while we're in Cape Town?!

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Level Contributor
193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: 4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

Yes, they do have quite a lengthy time that it is valid for. I heard it was quite unusual for it to be closed 4 days in a row.

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: 4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

Hi there - good places to eat, I would suggest 'Beluga' Cape Town; 'Blues Restaurant' Camps Bay (lots of good restaurants in Camps Bay. Then the V&A Waterfront is a wonderful experience with a host of shops, bars and restaurants, of course you must visit Nelson Mandela's Robyn Island orison and Cable Car to the top of Table Mountain!!!!

The French Connection in Franschhoek is excellent, also Boschendal Winery Nr Franschhoek is beautiful, you can have a picnic under the trees; Spier Winery in Stellenbosch is a must, they also have a deli where you can purchase your lunch to eat on the lawns, also two other restaurants in Spier - there's a host of things to do over there, food is glorious wherever you are; Le Petit Fferm restaurant, in Franschhoek is world renowned but only do lunches (worth it though for the views and the food) would need tyo book

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Camps Bay
Camps Bay
Cape Town, South Africa
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
17,448 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: 4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

Hi,

I have to say that we have eaten out at many restaurants in and around Cape Town and have never had a bad meal. The food is generally excellent and really good value for money. We had an excellent meal in "The Big Easy" in Stellenbosch (owned by the golfer Ernie Els) and had a meal for around £70 for the two of us that would have cost double that in a good restaurant in the UK.

I think 22 honeybees means Spier, which has a restaurant called Moyo, which is an African dining experience. The Cheetah Outreach has been relocated to Somerset West, which is about a 20 minute car trip from Spier.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Somerset West
Somerset West
Cape Town, South Africa
34. Re: 4 nights in Cape Town - where to eat and what to do?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2014