We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capetown and the Garden Route

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Capetown and the Garden Route

I'm planning a self-drive holiday in South Africa in November flying into Capetown. Do I book my flight tickets through a travel agency or buy direct on-line?

Wiarton, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

Hi not sure if you have found out any information yet but I would book through Lion World Travel as they have always been the best prices I have found and I travel back home every second year. Driving is hectic in S.A. but the drives are amazing.If I can be of any help please let me know.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

Use www.skyscanner.com to check options and prices. You can book yourself without any difficulty.

Accommodation in SA : www.safarinow.com had a wide range and is user friendly.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

My sister and I just returned from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth via the Garden route. We purchased our airline tickets privately, but used Giltedge.com to help us plan itineraries, activities and hotel bookings. They were terrific and were responsive when we had a hotel issue enroute. They seem able to work within any budget and we loved the plan they developed.

enjoy we had a fabulous experience all around.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

All comments are good you can also Try AAA Travel or Meljo Tours

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

Thanks for the info.

Good ticket prices on Skyscanner.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I'm so looking forward to visiting South Africa.

Ilkley, United...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

Skyscanner are good to check prices but remember that some agents are not linked with them - also some web agents charge high credit card charges.

I booked my Xmas flights with Trailfinders who dont charge cc fees. Some companys charge 3%.

Trailfinders dont have a link with Skyscanner but offer very good deals, you need to ring them direct.

7. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, March 11, 2013
Maun, Botswana
Level Contributor
532 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

If you book directly with the Airline, you are covered for a number of possible problems - for example if a flight is cancelled, the airline is responsible for accommodating/feeding you until the next available flight. Booking through an Agent can result in some protection being lost.

9. Re: Capetown and the Garden Route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central