We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Maps

Where do i find detailed road maps for cape town?

South Africa
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Maps

go to www.easymap.co.za. you'll need to know the area you want to view. if you are coming to cape town, the stationers and tourist shops usually have the roadmap directories for sale.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maps

At all the stationers there are very detailed road maps available.

Will you be hiring a car from the airport and need to know how to get someplace immediately?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maps

At all the stationers there are very detailed road maps available.

Will you be hiring a car from the airport and need to know how to get someplace immediately?

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maps

sorry, don't know why that got posted twice.

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maps

blouberg, technobabe.... many thanks for the quick response.

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maps

yeah, technobabe, i will be hiring a car from the airport for my Strand Pavilliion Resort at False Bay.

BTW.. is it safe to hire a taxi..(we are 2 adults + 1 child + luggage) from the airport to the resort? or is there any other means of travel.

South Africa
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Maps

there are airport shuttles that will take you to your hotel. they are safe to use.

have a great holiday!

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Maps

what if i have to hire a taxi/car to my resort. is there any provision at the airport? any kind of prepaid taxi counter or something

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Maps

Hi Minu, Avis does a point to point transfer that you can book on the internet. I have not used it personally but read in this forum from a previous poster who highly recommended them. They are a well known company in South Africa. Here is a link:

www.avis.co.za/main.asp?ID=243&RootItemID=243

Let us know if we can help in any other way.

India
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Maps

hi technobabe, thanks once again. can you help on this one.... i need to travel joburg int ap - nelspruit (Burchell's Bush Lodge, KrugerNP, stay for 7 days) - then to suncity (stay for 7 days) and back to joburg int. ap...... which is the best way to travel. i am unable to contact the lodge to check out whether pick up from joburg int ap is available.

Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central