We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Cape Town

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Cape Town

Hello All,

We are panning to stay in Cape Town for 5 days in Late March . We will be 2 couples.

We are planning to only visit places. May be Hermanus as well.

Not planning for sports/adventure activities but still would love to see aquarium kind of stuff.

At the moment planning to stay at Hout's bay .

Please give your opinions so that i can plan the travel.

Thanks & Regards

Jeril

Thanks in advance, sorry for my English.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,348 posts
5,586 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

Hello Jeril K

We recently put together a trip list with the areas and attractions that we most enjoy when visiting Cape Town. Have a look if useful, it might help you to start thinking about what you want to do/see when in the city.

Cape Town (Our Top Attractions)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i32409-Cape_Tow…

Have a look if useful and let me know if you've any questions.

Hermanus, South...
Level Contributor
259 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

Yes, look at the attractions recommended by BradJill and then roughly plan your days e.g going up T/Mountain, trip around peninsula ,acquarium, Kistenbosch, etc. Then decide where you should base yourself so as to have the most practical location relative to your visits. Whilst Hout Bay is really a nice place it might not be the most practical location for your movements. For instance, to get to say the t/Mountain cable station requires a trip either via Camps Bay or via Constantia nek route. Whist not too far, general traffic and the nature of those routes can impact on time getting there and back. Just a thought.

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

A visit to the winelands would also be great. Constantia is just over the mountain from Hout Bay. .You could happily spend a morning visiting a couple of vineyards and the Old Cape Dutch house at Groot Constantia and have a casual lunch at either River Café ( Uitsig) Jonkershuis ( Groot Constantia) or the Bistro ( Steenberg).

A visit to Boulders to see the penguins is also a great way of spending a couple of hours. You could do this on the way to Cape Point.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

Excellent replies :-).

Thanks All, Nice list Bradjii.

Planning to Stay in FishHoek at the moment.

One of the issue I am facing is , I will be reaching there by 11-11.30 at night, So need to find an accommodation who will wait for me at that time.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

Most hotels and guesthouses are prepared to wait if they know you are checking in later, or they will make other arrangements for you to check-in. This should not be a problem.

Regards

Michelle from Cape Town Guide

6. Re: 5 days in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, December 17, 2013