We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

New York
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

Which bus line do you recommend - first time visitor to CT. Both routes seem interesting?!

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

We were in CT last November and did both routes twice! Not sure what you prefer to do. The Red line took us to many sites right downtown. The Blue route took us to a wine growing region and to Hout Bay. If you have time, I suggest you take both. We did the two and were permitted to hop on, hop off each route for two days. It was very convenient.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

The blue line is great but if you want to spend time at the attractions along this route, you might need two days. We ran out of time on both days. See link (w/pictures) if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312659-d159…

To be honest, we don't usually do city bus tours, finding them less suitable than traveling around on your own, using public transportation. However, in Cape Town, we found the City SightSeeing Tour to be a very effective way to move around and visit the sights we liked. Service is a bit too infrequent but thats ok.

Have fun in Cape Town.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

Hi there

I would also suggest to do each trip on separate days, one day for the blue route and one day for the red route. More time to spend on these routes and places of interest. The more interest route would be the Red Route if you would be short of time.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Singapore
Level Contributor
292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

Just to hijack this thread about these buses. Essentially I am going to buy the 2 day pass but I actually would only have 1.5 days since on the first day I can only start at around lunch time. If so, which line should I concentrate on the "first day"? (meaning its possible to do within half a day)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,049 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

Red Line, which is oriented more towards the centre of Cape Town would probably be better for your first (shorter) day while the blue line which takes in attractions all the way around and past table mountain, would make more sense on the second (longer) day.

You can see the maps for the two lines on the City Sightseeing website.

http://www.citysightseeing.co.za/maps

6. Re: Red/Blue sightseeing bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central