We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another winter clothing question

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
158 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
another winter clothing question

Since the temperature is milder in the CT winter, do women wear lighter colors -- what I think of as spring/summery -- white, coral, lighter/brighter colors? This may seem silly, but I don't want to feel out of place.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
217 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another winter clothing question

We were in Cape Town for a month last year and I did not notice that women wore anything different than they would in Montreal or Philadelphia. With the exception of some traditionally clothes women but those were very rare. I think you will be comfortable wearing whatever you wear at home.

Christine

Mentioned in this post
Cape Town
Cape Town
Western Cape, South Africa
Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: another winter clothing question

This is one of the more popular shops to give you some ideas.

edgars.co.za/Edgars/…

http://www.edgars.co.za/Catalog/Products.aspx?Category=511_Tops&Hierarchy=%2fEdgars%2fShop_Online%2fG_Ladies%2fDefault.htm$Ladies|$Wardrobe+Essentials&MenuItem=Shop_Online

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,488 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: another winter clothing question

And another

www.woolworths.co.za/Home/Women/cat90188.cat

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: another winter clothing question

We have just left CT after 4 wonderful days. It was overcast and cool. I wore exactly the same as i would at home in winter in Australia. Jeans, walking shoes, at least 3 layers and a wind jacket for the cooler visits like Robben island boat trip or the cable car up Table mountain. As it can be wet in the winter remember to pack some sort of water resistant jacket or coat. You will have a great time, it is a beautiful city.

Mentioned in this post
Robben Island
Robben Island
6,856 Reviews
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Table Mountain
Table Mountain
16,834 Reviews
Table Mountain National Park, South Africa
5. Re: another winter clothing question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 14, 2013