We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

Our family of four would like to spend a night in or near Hermanus. Any suggestions for budget accomodations, close to Hermanus? We plan to return to Cape Town the following day.

Thanks!

South Africa
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

Hi

Not sure what your definition of 'budget' is. I visited a lovely spot in the winelands just outside of Hermanus, The Artists House which offers a very peaceful country setting overlooking a dam with good quality accommodation. I think their rates are abour R400 per person for bed and breakfast.

See: www.artistshouse.co.za

You would need a car to get there..

Boet

south africa gauteng
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

You can have a look at these two places. We've stayed in the Esplanade in 2002. It is very basic. Nice and big. The seaview apartments have the best view. I don't think there is any other place in Hermanus with such a view. Between R500 and 600 a night for a six sleeper.

http://www.cape-venues.co.za/esplanade.htm

There is also the luxury esplanade just next to the esplanade more expensive but also a great view.

Between R650 and R950 for a two sleeper.

http://www.sa-venues.com/wc/45marine.htm

Don't miss Bietang's Cave. Something different. Amazing view.

South Africa
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

Bientang's Cave may be good for the view - overpriced, mediocre and oily for food though...stick to the drinks menu.

California
Level Contributor
688 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Second try - Budget accomodations in or near Hermanus

Thanks to all for the very helpful information!