We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Hotel

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ritz Hotel

Is the Ritz hotel worth R 552.00 for a double?

Do you know if breakfast is included?

South Africa
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Hotel

I live near the Ritz in Sea Point. While the price is fine, and it is close to theaterfront and cape Town (5-10 minutes)I think the hotel is a bit run down and lacks any charm.

Have a look at quality B&Bs at: www:portfoiliocollection.co.za,

Maybe also check:

City Lodge Waterfront

Breakwater Lodge

Don Suite Appartments (self catering)

Best Western Cape Town

Not sure what they cost but all are reasonably priced, clean and central.

Roger

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Hotel

I would agree with the previous posters' advice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
996 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Hotel

R552.00 for a double is a reasonable price but I stayed in the Ritz many years ago and it was run down then, so can't imagine it's got any better since then. There are so many other options available for a similar rate.

The hotel is right in the middle of Seapoint which in itself is not a bad thing, just that there are better areas.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Hotel

Just had coffee with old friends who are visiting from Israel and staying at the Ritz. I remembered this question so asked their opinion. They are paying a similar price to yours and their deal includes breakfast, so they knew this, I would ask if I was you.

They say the hotel building is old and run down, but very clean. The staff are kind and helpful and the food is good. The one compaint is that the TV is only our local stations and they would have liked access to international news in the evening such as CNN or Sky or something. Other than that, they say they would recommend it FOR THE PRICE!